Mazda 6 Forums banner
21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Are you planning on scrapping the car at this point or dropping in a rebuilt drivetrain and continuing driving it? That's a nice long time you had this car - it looks like it treated you well. I wonder if Miss 6 ever got over 350k on hers?

Given the total mileage, my original thoughts were to not drop another engine in but I found a 2007 Fusion with 54,000 for $400 so now I'm wavering. I don't have the time or facilities to do it myself so I'd have to pay someone to do it.

Scott

·
Registered
4 Posts
Im rocking 195k. Ill come back at 200k and see whatsup. I feel my auto trans shifting heavy. I'm preparing for a rebuild at least. Other than that, my front left axle keeps fuckin up. This is the second replacement I'm about to do on it. Car runs clean tho and throws no codes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Great to see the high mileage, I'm only at 146Kmi on my '03 6s AT. Engine Oil every 3kmi and tranny every 2 yrs. No major problems, just EGR, cv boots and cooling failure at 20kmi (and the top coat is roasting off in CA sun) it still feels strong and gets original mileage ~24 mpg on highway.

I strongly recommend 17" wheels and Michelin Pilot supersports for non snow cars, 30Kmi warranty on really sticky tires (rain too) makes for very cost effective safety.

I have also put Bilstein struts, mazdaspeed springs, steeda&racingbeat swaybars, endlinks
ultraracing bars and full superpro bushing set on the car, fun to drive!

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Fun to see the high milers. My first car was an 82 300SD Mercedes that I drove till 300k+ miles. I got tired of fixing things I had already fixed once and decided it was time to replace it.

I bought my 6s wagon with 89k on it a little over a month ago and hope to own it for.many more. It needed a new set of plugs and coils which I just got done and man... It's
Ike a new car. Pretty darn fun. Glad to see that there are still other gen 1s driving about.

Alex

·
Registered
261 Posts
My 04 6S has been sitting in my driveway broken for over 2 years. It's got 205,000+ on the odometer. Cylinders 4 and 5 are very low on compression and I think it's stuck rings. I'm blowing oil back through the PCV valve at an alarming rate. I can't afford to have someone fix it and I don't have the time to take it apart and do it myself. I loved driving the car but now it sits sadly in the driveway.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had mine since 2004 2.0 5drs sedan, 12 years old this year 2016 and clocking in at 409,000 km, great reliable car for my daily commute of 200km return trip for work, I only had two major problems with it, one in 2012 with the gearbox unable to shift and 2013 replacing the whole front rack, arms and bushing. Engine wise nothing major just the normal servicing and plug changes. so here I am hoping to hit the 500k mark with the car, and thinking of giving it a new paint job and some kits for a new look thus ending up here to get on some info about it.

-midi

·
Registered
606 Posts
I had my old 6 until nearly 265K. You can see from the last fuel-up I did that the car was still getting pretty good mixed mileage.

Sadly, the car began to have a problem holding oil pressure. At one point, I applied the brakes pretty hard to make a turn and I started hearing rod knock. So, I traded in the car b/c the wife was not down with getting a new motor.

I miss that hatch.

Attachments

·
Registered
941 Posts
I have 250,000KM and expect to double that. Car runs beautifully, just spend about $3K on a whackload of neglected maintenance items (from previous owner) and it's like a new car. Would do it again in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi, I'm Jael. I bought a 2005 v6 wagon s manual with a v6. The car needed a lot of work i wasnt ready for. I wanted to ask, how reliable has yours been. I am considering fixing up the car.

21 - 40 of 63 Posts