Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Snowing at about 2-inches per hour here in Colorado Springs. On the east side, anyway. West side isn't so bad.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
I'm jealous...break out the snowboarding gear...screw that, I'm coming over!!!

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
damn! if i were in that I'd stay home myself. got snow chains? :)

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
So thats what snow looks like... Hm.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm jealous...break out the snowboarding gear...screw that, I'm coming over!!!
[/b]
LOL. I wouldn't bother. They're starting to close most roads out here. Too many idiots in their SUVs who thought they were invincible.

damn! if i were in that I'd stay home myself. got snow chains? :)
[/b]
Nope. No chains. Not even snow tires. My 6 is nice and toasty in the garage!

So thats what snow looks like... Hm.
[/b]
LMAO. My wife grew up in Tucson and Phoenix, so I understand your response. I grew up in upstate NY, so I LOVE this stuff!

Here's a couple more photos from when the wife and I cleared the front door.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
LMAO. My wife grew up in Tucson and Phoenix, so I understand your response. I grew up in upstate NY, so I LOVE this stuff!

Here's a couple more photos from when the wife and I cleared the front door.
[/b]
Hm.Yea. The only times I've seen it snow was the last time it snowed in Phoenix. Didn't last long. Heck, even when I went to Denver a couple Christmas' ago, it didn't snow. But I still didn't go outside. Lol.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hm.Yea. The only times I've seen it snow was the last time it snowed in Phoenix. Didn't last long. Heck, even when I went to Denver a couple Christmas' ago, it didn't snow. But I still didn't go outside. Lol.
[/b]
I don't suppose you sell 20-inch snow tires and 10-inch lift kits for the 6, do you? That's about the only way I'm driving it today!

·
Registered
799 Posts
if it snowed like that up here, the world would come to an absolute stop.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
That's awesome. Where in upstate NY did you grow up? I'm originally from Utica!!!

I miss the snow, don't get enough if it down here in DC and def no mountains to ride on, just hills!

·
Registered
909 Posts
The snow is still falling over here, but its about half as bad as it is over there! I still have to drive today though :swearin: I'll have to leave way earlier than I'm used to!

Lucky me though I changed out my wheels yesterday just incase!

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
if it snowed like that up here, the world would come to an absolute stop.
[/b]
We're almost complete stop. EVERYTHING is closed. I'm even getting 10 hours of pay to sit at home! WOOT!

That's awesome. Where in upstate NY did you grow up? I'm originally from Utica!!!

I miss the snow, don't get enough if it down here in DC and def no mountains to ride on, just hills!
[/b]
Lake George, about an hour north of Albany. MAN do I miss it.

The snow is still falling over here, but its about half as bad as it is over there! I still have to drive today though :swearin: I'll have to leave way earlier than I'm used to!

Lucky me though I changed out my wheels yesterday just incase!
[/b]
Be careful, bud. There are three guys in Jeep Wranglers driving around here digging people out and towing them. I do NOT recommend going out unless you're going west, and even then only if absolutely necessary. 25 is closed. 83 is closed. 94 and 24 are closed in places. Ugh.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Wow, Im in red deer, ab, canada. Its warm and sunny, blue sky here. I hope it doesnt snow for a while.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, you warm weather weenies can :p at me all day, but I LOVE this weather. I just wish I still had either my Explorer or (preferably) my old 86 Blazer. THAT got through the snow NICE.

Worst of it is over now. Mostly just wind and blowing snow. I will have to go in late tomorrow, since I still cannot get out of my driveway, much less the neighborhood. If someone plows, I'll be in luck.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Great pics, Crit! You got a little cutie there.

Here's the latest from our neck of the woods:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
lol, that was the initial purpose to venture outside but by the time i looked back at the trail i attempted to make it was covered again, soooooo. we played instead.

typical colorado weather. sunny with highs of 50 tomorrow. sheesh.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah, but 50 in the afternoon doesn't help me get out of my driveway in the MORNING to get TO work. So a few vac hours for me.

Here's my little girl in the snow:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 34 Posts