Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Reading Topic: The 6 (Atenza) gets mad props!!!

I own a Type S right now, have had it since August 2001, and have been a member at that forum for even longer that that. Don't visit too much anymore. I just can't take the sheer number of juvenile topics, comments and replies. There is good information on that board but you have to sift through a whole lotta BS to get to it, IMHO. Am am also AMAZED by the sheer number of "I just blew my engine" topics, followed by "some guy was trying to race me, so I downshifted to 4th but got 2nd instead". I am left speechless on how often that happens over there. ;)

I must say I am VERY surprised to see that board giving so much support for a Mazda. In the past, nearly every topic I have read or participated in came down to an immediate bashing of Mazda, comments that it is just a Ford brand name (it is NOT, though the companies share parts, Mazda is still Mazda Motor); and the typical "if it isn't a Honda it is not a car worth talking nicely about" mentality. I like Hondas very much myself, but many Honda lovers are just viscous when it comes to defending Honda, and sometimes it drives me nuts as many people there immediately assume that it isn't possible another car may somehow be better than a Honda.

So I am surprised, and I think Mazda might be happy too. To see the 6 get that kind of support on a rabid Honda forum means Mazda has done something right to attract new buyers, and if you can lure Honda buyers, you've just hooked what are arguably the most brand loyal customers in the world.

·
Registered
68 Posts

Well......it does look like I am being converted.......slowly

my bg just changed to a wallpaper of the 6s that I made.....

before it was all things RSX type S...

I mean I was obsessed.....the obsession isn't that strong right now...

I am currently drooling over the Mazda6-s.....

so very quick for a 4-door.....and I am imagining the amazing aftermarket that will be available(hopefully)........
It also looks more sporty (interior-wise) than the Type S...

the red line might be a lot lower than the Type S.....but the power and torque are higher and come in earlier....so.....

·
Registered
514 Posts

Higher redlines just mean more tensile stresses on connecting rods, compressive stresses on bearings, etc...

Area under the power curve is more important on a long-term street car IMO.

-Alt

·
Registered
68 Posts
Replying to Topic 'The 6 (Atenza) gets mad props!!!'

Originally posted by Altersys

Higher redlines just mean more tensile stresses on connecting rods, compressive stresses on bearings, etc...

-Alt[/b]

Which the 6-S has the advantage over the RSX Type S?

·
Registered
432 Posts

Too bad we dont get this kind of love on the Altima board. They hate us over there....not that I, or any of us, should care :sarc

·
Registered
514 Posts

Originally posted by PimpDaddyKABZ

Originally posted by Altersys

-Alt[/b]

Which the 6-S has the advantage over the RSX Type S?[/b][/quote]

Yep. Engines like the one in the RSX Type-S make horsepower through revolutions. Remember that horsepower is directly related to the product of torque and RPM, so a low-torque engine (which low displacement, low cylinder count engines tend to be) need to take advantage of the RPM factor to make HP. Notice how big block American engines have relatively low redlines but still can make decent power? They do it through the torque factor. Those are the extremes though... the MZI engine lies somewhere in between the world of high torque HP and high-RPM HP. Personally I think this is good. High torque engines can be very difficult to modulate in low-grip environments (dirt roads, wet weather); and high-RPM engines require you to constantly stay in the power peak area which means shifting a lot. Both have their merits in the right environment, but engines like the MZI give the benefit of decent torque (driveability at low RPMs) as well as ease of modulation through corners without fear of significant changes in the attitude of the chassis (plus it's fun to wind the engine out).

-Alt

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

Originally posted by Casper 6i

Too bad we dont get this kind of love on the Altima board. They hate us over there....not that I, or any of us, should care :sarc[/b]
They'r just jealous :D

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

Originally posted by Blackbird

Originally posted by Casper 6i

Too bad we dont get this kind of love on the Altima board. They hate us over there....not that I, or any of us, should care :sarc[/b]
They'r just jealous :D [/b][/quote]

Oh, man - you took the post right out of my mouth. ;)

·
Registered
1,667 Posts

THIS IS GOOD!!! the RSX peeps are checkin our 6's out. hehe. that's right.. keep drooling.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Reading Topic: Replying to Topic 'The 6 (Atenza) gets mad props!!!'

the 6 gets respect on most boards i go to including maxima.org and a couple honda boards. but there is one thing every1 seems to agree on, the 6 is a beautiful car, the best styling as far as its competitors

for anyone (guests, newbs, researchers) who hasnt seen the 6 in person, the pics do it no justice. the 6 (w/sports package) looks 10x better in person, and bigger than the pics suggest :)

pimpdaddykabz, have you driven the 6s yet?

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Reading Topic: Replying to Topic 'The 6 (Atenza) gets mad props!!!'

Arghhh I'm a Swede, not an American. And beeing from Sweden doesn't make me a Steve :D

So how do you spell that freaking word then!? :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts