Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Exactly 400k!

I hope you can post a detailed maintenance that you have done on its entire life, like changing fluid intervals, etc.

EDIT: I just remembered, I asked the same question last time. Unfortunately, I can't remember what thread was it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Exactly 400k!

I hope you can post a detailed maintenance that you have done on its entire life, like changing fluid intervals, etc.

EDIT: I just remembered, I asked the same question last time. Unfortunately, I can't remember what thread was it.
Oil changes every 5-10k miles. Spark plugs, coolant flush and tranny "flush" every 2-3 years (60-90k miles) but it's been over 100k since i've done that. Other than that, I just get the brakes and tires replaced when needed. Used a K&N air filter until my mechanic accidentally threw it out a while back. I've never replaced the shocks/struts and I've ignored a other things like O2 sensors (CELs tell me I've been running lean), an oil leak from the main seal (losing about 1qt/1000 miles) and the purge valve . My headliner is stapled to the roof, haha. Here's a list of what I've replaced so far:

radiator
ball joint
both front axles
control arms
starter
water pump
ignition coils
valve cover gasket
intake manifold gasket
2 wheels
both headlight assemblies
intake hose
MAF sensor
wheel bearings on 1 or 2 wheels

There might be some minor things that forgot about, but that's at least 90% of it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow !!! Congrats !
How is the body holding up with that mileage? pics?
The body is in great shape, especially considering how long I've had it. It's been garage kept the past 9 years, which helps. The driver side doors have some bubbling rust underneath the black matte frame and the paint on the hood is chipped from all the sandblasting it's gotten from tailgating tractor trailers on highways. No rust anywhere else and I live in PA which uses a lot of salt in the winter!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts