Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While stuck in traffic going over the G.W. bridge I got bored and unclipped the steering column panel. Well what do you know? a bulb thats very rarely talked about..... the ignition bulb! which leads me to the obvious question... which one is it? LED upgradable? any different in brightness?

this same question goes for the bulb that lights up the PRND by my shifter. Color options? Difference in brightness?

I'm installing my neons tomorrow and since i'm wiring them under the paneling I might as well switch as much as i can. (I'm even considering painting the cupholder area and up the dash)

Any more suggestions on possible mods, lemme know!

Thanks

·
Registered
313 Posts
no pics?

that would be cool if we can change it. but is the lens red and the led is white or are both red?

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
i've wanted to color change my 6 to a blue lit interior instead of red. just can't do it.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i've wanted to color change my 6 to a blue lit interior instead of red. just can't do it.
[/b]
you can purchase the indiglo guages easily. it would require more work underneath the dash to get to the buttons and n stuff to see what type of bulbs they are. Im going to explore all this soon. ill see what else i can mustur up.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
let me know what you find out or just post a general about it. i did it in my dakota went from green to blue it was nice.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no pics?

that would be cool if we can change it. but is the lens red and the led is white or are both red?
[/b]
Its a clear bulb. I think a 5 led bulb will fit. i'm gonna try it tonight. If you take off the steering column panel and look towards the ignition its right there. just like the turn signal in the front, its a quarter turn and its out. i dont think anyone here has tried it so i'm gonna experiment. I hope it doesnt short a fuse like my vanity lights did. Im almost done replacing every bulb in the car. I went with blue leds in the map lights and doors. When I open the door everything pops out blue. When the door is closed the red neons under the dash light up and its sick! Keeping the american spirit i went with super white in the vanitys. I'm buying a new digital camera this weekend so pics will be up next week!

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
you install n e thing yet..?

also what light are you talking about, and how do remove the steering panel column?

also do you have a write up on how you made yer car light up blue?? or do you just switch some bulbs out.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts

Bulb of the key hole and the plug that make the warning beep to avoid to leave the key inside the car

·
Registered
217 Posts
Dayum how many key fobs u got on your key ring?? The shark bottle opener is a major no-no in the pocket area. Keys poking me in the leg are bad enough :laugh:

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
:D

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
i was wondering the same thing on bulb sizes on those, i looked at it awhile back when i was bored but didn't know the size...i'm ready to order more LEDs...i guess it's time once i get the size

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
no pics?

[/b]
The lens is red. The bulb is clear. I'm not gonna mess with this bulb. I dont see any significant difference changing to an led is really gonna make.

I dont wanna stick an led in cause the last thing i wanna do is blow a fuse and starting searching for the source.

I am, however gonna start playing with that trunk light. Its a POS and does nothing. I just read a thread about this guy putting two neon tubes in the trunk by splicing into the trunk wire and he just got rid of the whole trunk light. I've already got red blue and white in the interior. green or yellow would be my choice back there. LED tubes would suck though. he put regular neons and they look sick!

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
#74 Wedge Based Bulbs Thats what I would presume it is.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts