Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After almost a week of driving an 2.0 auto 6 I timed its 0-100 times (with a stop watch) and compared it to my 1.8 corolla and got an average 9.6 for the 6 and 9.1 for the corolla
Not much of deference considering that the corolla has the power/weight ratio advantage here. Yet subjectively I feel that the corolla has better low end than what that .5 sec might suggest!
Also, many reviewers are saying that the 2.3 6’ has a lack of low end and and yet the numbers are no that deferent

My theory here is that the 6’ power characteristics are so leniar that it’s swaying people into thinking that it doesn’t have low end grunt, you see in my corolla when you accelerate hard you get a power rush build up meaning there is a build up or a noticeable increase of the amount of torque that the engine delivers
Now imagine an in engine that has a much linear torque delivery, there wouldn’t be any rush because the torque level stays the same across the rev range and that might be confused with a lack of low end subjectively!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Replying to Topic 'The 2.0 6 engine power/torque delivery is so linear!'

Originally posted by Gasjs

IMHO 2.3 has lots of low end power.[/b]
can't coment on that since we don't have 2.3 yet but if judging by the 2.0 I'm feeling alittle optimistic about it :)
Basicly all I'm hoping for here is somthing that ca comfortably keep up with the 4 cylinder accord's and camry's

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.