Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just want to thank CP-E for doing an awesome job for my 6! Sound Sooooooo Agressive now!
I posted this thread on the Mazda6 (Atenza) section, so I just thought it should be moved here!

But anyways,My co-worker & I installed the CP-E last Saturday. After installing,started the engine......PERFECT!....So we test drove it,pulled back in the shop,and ate lunch. When it was time for me to leave,Started the engine again..................ummmmmmmm.......Dead......I said to myself....*GREAT!! .uggghhh.... ahahah

So my co-worker started to mess around with it,trying his best to solve the problem, he stated,try it now!.....Whatever he done....it started! Everything was fine until I had to go to my sister's wedding reception. Same thing happened.......No Go!.....And what made things 10 times worse.....the **CHECK ENGINE LIGHT** came on!!!.....I read on the web-site, if the Check Engine light is on.....There is seriously something wrong with the installation!...I thought to myself,and started to make excuses to my co-worker while I called him on the phone. I guess it needs to reprogram itself to know its tuned. I gave it one more shot...started.....ignition.......so......I turned on the A/C.............Dead!......aahaha So now,I'm afraid to turn on the A/C while I'm driving!! ahhaa.....But for now........Its been working fine...........*knock on wood* But what bothers me is......Whats the problem in case this happens again?

thanks
Neal S.

·
Registered
886 Posts
I just want to thank CP-E for doing an awesome job for my 6! Sound Sooooooo Agressive now!
I posted this thread on the Mazda6 (Atenza) section, so I just thought it should be moved here!

But anyways,My co-worker & I installed the CP-E last Saturday. After installing,started the engine......PERFECT!....So we test drove it,pulled back in the shop,and ate lunch. When it was time for me to leave,Started the engine again..................ummmmmmmm.......Dead......I said to myself....*GREAT!! .uggghhh.... ahahah

So my co-worker started to mess around with it,trying his best to solve the problem, he stated,try it now!.....Whatever he done....it started! Everything was fine until I had to go to my sister's wedding reception. Same thing happened.......No Go!.....And what made things 10 times worse.....the **CHECK ENGINE LIGHT** came on!!!.....I read on the web-site, if the Check Engine light is on.....There is seriously something wrong with the installation!...I thought to myself,and started to make excuses to my co-worker while I called him on the phone. I guess it needs to reprogram itself to know its tuned. I gave it one more shot...started.....ignition.......so......I turned on the A/C.............Dead!......aahaha So now,I'm afraid to turn on the A/C while I'm driving!! ahhaa.....But for now........Its been working fine...........*knock on wood* But what bothers me is......Whats the problem in case this happens again?

thanks
Neal S.
[/b]

I'm not sure which product you're having trouble with? You wrote, "My co-worker & I installed the CP-E last Saturday." Let me know which product this is and we'll work it out! :)

Jordan

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
I'm not sure which product you're having trouble with? You wrote, "My co-worker & I installed the CP-E last Saturday." Let me know which product this is and we'll work it out! :)
Jordan
[/b]
He has the 4 cyl non-tunable MAfci

·
Registered
886 Posts

thanks
Neal S.
[/b]

He has the 4 cyl non-tunable MAfci
[/b]

Thanks msumlin :D

You can verify that the board is working if you open the box up and look at the board itself. If you open the box and turn the ignition key to power everything up, the board should have two LEDs lighting up. One should be solid, and the other blinking. If these two lights are present, then the board is okay, and the problem lies elsewhere.

99.9% of the time, the board is okay, and one or more leads are causing issues. If you didn't already solder all the wires, then this would be the next logical step. This should solve the problem, but if it doesn't, revive this post and we'll go from there.

Jordan

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks msumlin :D
You can verify that the board is working if you open the box up and look at the board itself. If you open the box and turn the ignition key to power everything up, the board should have two LEDs lighting up. One should be solid, and the other blinking. If these two lights are present, then the board is okay, and the problem lies elsewhere.

99.9% of the time, the board is okay, and one or more leads are causing issues. If you didn't already solder all the wires, then this would be the next logical step. This should solve the problem, but if it doesn't, revive this post and we'll go from there.
Jordan
[/b]

ahhahaaa Yeah...thanks MARLON!! you have to excuse me Jordan.......Marlon has to assist me in my life!!! ehhehe.....sorry I forgot to write that down!!..... :hoho:

Awesome....thanks Jordan.....its a little late now,but I will give this a shot in the morning! :yesnod:

Thanks again.....Jordan... & (Marlon) :nana:
Take care
Neal S.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts