Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,782 Posts
Testing tag for user with more than just alpha-numeric characters in name:

@(6Y Mazda)
@6Y MAZDA <-- there it is, didn't think the space would be recognized, but it makes sense because the whole name is wrapped in MENTION tags.

·
Administrator
8,402 Posts
Can someone explain to me how this works? And yes, Facebook and Twitter are the devil, so I'm genuinely clueless... :)

·
Super Moderator
16,782 Posts
Can someone explain to me how this works? And yes, Facebook and Twitter are the devil, so I'm genuinely clueless... :)
Haha I'm with you, don't see the point of twitter and I"m never on FB.

I'm sure you've noticed the @[Username] and how it works, that's fairly simple. The server recognizes the MENTION Tag <Mention>

and acts accordingly (email, notification, w/e)

The Hash tag is used to specify specific nouns or objects. Like using #NEM6 will send a message to anyone who has subscribed to the NEM6 tag. It's fairly useful when you want to get people's attention.

What Twitter has blown it up into is that people Hashtag EVERYTHING and the result is a million more hash tags than people will ever need to worry about. KISS - Keep it simple, stupid.

So if anyone wants to get my attention, they'll call me directly with the @ and if they want to send a general notification that ANYONE with that tag will get, they can use a pre-established hashtag.

Just the other day I used #Canucks for our northern brethren. So from now on, if anyone else mentions canadians, I'll be notified of it because I subscribed to that hash :)

You can also click on the hash tags and see who else has been using them.

Hope this is what you were looking for.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Haha I'm with you, don't see the point of twitter and I"m never on FB.

I'm sure you've noticed the @[Username] and how it works, that's fairly simple. The server recognizes the MENTION Tag <Mention>

and acts accordingly (email, notification, w/e)

The Hash tag is used to specify specific nouns or objects. Like using #NEM6 will send a message to anyone who has subscribed to the NEM6 tag. It's fairly useful when you want to get people's attention.

What Twitter has blown it up into is that people Hashtag EVERYTHING and the result is a million more hash tags than people will ever need to worry about. KISS - Keep it simple, stupid.

So if anyone wants to get my attention, they'll call me directly with the @ and if they want to send a general notification that ANYONE with that tag will get, they can use a pre-established hashtag.

Just the other day I used #Canucks for our northern brethren. So from now on, if anyone else mentions canadians, I'll be notified of it because I subscribed to that hash :)

You can also click on the hash tags and see who else has been using them.

Hope this is what you were looking for.
I stumbled on this old thread and learned something​! I have seen many times​ about that hashtags but never bothered my wife or the kids to ask about it.

I never thought there are people like me using this forum but doesn't have Facebook.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts