Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I was deciding on whether to go with the CorkSport Catback exhaust system or getting a custom test pipe. What do you guys think is the better option?

·
Registered
571 Posts
Hey, it's only my opinion, but for me I'd never remove a cat; have you ever followed a car that has no cat; it's really bad smelling... and I'm no dyed-in-the-wool environmentalist. Too bad there wasn't a system out there that upgrades the underfloor cat to a low restiction unit. That'd be the better thing to do.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd most certainly check out your local muffler guy first. See what they suggest, what they can do.

Compare pricing - materials - warranty.

Always nice to have a local guy to fall back on if there are any problems.

Yeah definitely going this route, I’ll be checking one out this weekend

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey, it's only my opinion, but for me I'd never remove a cat; have you ever followed a car that has no cat; it's really bad smelling... and I'm no dyed-in-the-wool environmentalist. Too bad there wasn't a system out there that upgrades the underfloor cat to a low restiction unit. That'd be the better thing to do.

Yeah originally I wanted to get a high flow cat but that’s not an option for this car

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
atenza168
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing