Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A Platinum 06 GT model. I thought the steering and suspension was set up really well on this car. I can't say anything about the power because I'm used to my current car (500rwhp Mustang Cobra), but it seemed to get to 80 pretty quick. I like the layout inside and it seemed to be put together pretty well.

They have some pretty good specials on these cars right now (which has me a little conserned on WHY). Also, I'm a little worried about the trick Key thingy .. how secure is that .. what if it got lost?

Anyway .. it defninately seems like a nice car. I've been reading this forums for a while as I have been thinking about picking one of these up ....

Crowley

·
Registered
243 Posts
I find the handling to be exceptionally neutral in its balance. It's very easy to modulate it into a loose or tight condition with the throttle, but it never makes you pay too high a price for your mistakes. I still need to get some decent rubber on mine, but it's been fairing well at the autocrosses none the less. Compared to your Cobra, power will leave you wanting, but it does alright and you won't have the traction problems you do now. Every horsepower is applied directly to the pavement.

The Cobra looks like a real labor of love, what has you getting rid of it?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I find the handling to be exceptionally neutral in its balance. It's very easy to modulate it into a loose or tight condition with the throttle, but it never makes you pay too high a price for your mistakes. I still need to get some decent rubber on mine, but it's been fairing well at the autocrosses none the less. Compared to your Cobra, power will leave you wanting, but it does alright and you won't have the traction problems you do now. Every horsepower is applied directly to the pavement.

The Cobra looks like a real labor of love, what has you getting rid of it?
[/b]
I'm really having trouble "wanting" to get rid of it because of how much I enjoy driving it .. however I am moving back east where the weather isn't as "nice" and something w/ AWD will have much more purpose back there then my stang. I've thought about just keeping it and getting a beater for bad weather days etc ... but have been thinking about the speed 6 or the WRX limited (I know they are different animals) .. but they are the 2 cars that have caught my attention.

Crowley

·
Registered
440 Posts
I'm really having trouble "wanting" to get rid of it because of how much I enjoy driving it .. however I am moving back east where the weather isn't as "nice" and something w/ AWD will have much more purpose back there then my stang. I've thought about just keeping it and getting a beater for bad weather days etc ... but have been thinking about the speed 6 or the WRX limited (I know they are different animals) .. but they are the 2 cars that have caught my attention.

Crowley
[/b]
Given the current discounts it's a hard deal to pass up, it's not unusual to get over $6500 off MSRP.

Why are they discounted so heavily?

They are not selling hardly at all due to several reasons.

1. Bad ad campaign
2. Vauge demographic target
3. No auto trans available
4. Early dealer markups drove folks off
5. Original MSRP was a bit optimistic
6. Bad press, the power loss issue really knocked the wind out of the car, the March R&T article was a real killer for it.
Yes....there is a reflash to address it but far to late in the game to clear it's name this year.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Given the current discounts it's a hard deal to pass up, it's not unusual to get over $6500 off MSRP.

Why are they discounted so heavily?

They are not selling hardly at all due to several reasons.

1. Bad ad campaign
2. Vauge demographic target
3. No auto trans available
4. Early dealer markups drove folks off
5. Original MSRP was a bit optimistic
6. Bad press, the power loss issue really knocked the wind out of the car, the March R&T article was a real killer for it.
Yes....there is a reflash to address it but far to late in the game to clear it's name this year.
[/b]
Some ppl say it will not run well on 91 octane - needs 93 & higher...

·
Registered
776 Posts
Trade you my Speed6 for the Cobra :D !!!! Even trade!!!! Just like the one you test drove except no Navigation. It even comes with a CP-E CAI. (I'll throw in the factory air box if you like :))

1 - 6 of 6 Posts