Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up, i test drove the mazdaspeed 6 gt today for the first time and it was pretty nice, it seemed like everything my mazda should have been from the factory.

but honestly it doesnt seem to be as fast as everyone says they are, granted i only hit the gas about 6 times and only stayed on it from about 5mph- 80mph but i was not too overly impressed with the power.

does it seem faster at higher speeds?
it could have been that it lagged so bad when i first got on it, or it was just such a smooth power delivery that i didnt think i was going fast.

but other than that, this is what the mazda 6 should have been, the suspension was perfect in it, maybe a little too much yaw in the sway bars.
the tires were great.
the brakes felt stronger (could be because my brakes are shot)
the interiour is very nice(i thought that was the strong point on my 6i, but this blows it away)

the only thing that held me back was the high real high sticker price. they wanted 33k for a demo car and 29 for a used one
but i posted that in another post so i wont get into it

·
Registered
829 Posts
whats up, i test drove the mazdaspeed 6 gt today for the first time and it was pretty nice, it seemed like everything my mazda should have been from the factory.

but honestly it doesnt seem to be as fast as everyone says they are, granted i only hit the gas about 6 times and only stayed on it from about 5mph- 80mph but i was not too overly impressed with the power.

does it seem faster at higher speeds?
it could have been that it lagged so bad when i first got on it, or it was just such a smooth power delivery that i didnt think i was going fast.

but other than that, this is what the mazda 6 should have been, the suspension was perfect in it, maybe a little too much yaw in the sway bars.
the tires were great.
the brakes felt stronger (could be because my brakes are shot)
the interiour is very nice(i thought that was the strong point on my 6i, but this blows it away)

the only thing that held me back was the high real high sticker price. they wanted 33k for a demo car and 29 for a used one
but i posted that in another post so i wont get into it
[/b]
Heh, I was at Menlo Mazda and they still had "added markup" on their stickers. Some of these dealers need to get off their high horse, especially since the MS6 is NOT selling well.

But you didn't think the MS6 is faster compared to the 6i? I drove the 6i as a loaner for a week and couldn't wait to get back into my MS6.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Freakta,

Don't let the high sticker scare you away. You should be able to get a GT for 25-26K and a Sport for 22-23K with the right dealer. Unless you are looking for every option available on a GT that is. 5-6K off MSRP is pretty common.

·
Registered
267 Posts
yeah man, the thing about the MS6 is that to me it doesnt feel fast unless you really get on it. Super fast if you are powershifting. But that is the way that it was designed, to be docile in normal everyday driving, but quick when really called upon. Think man, 13.7 in the 1/4! Thats very impressive for this car, not far off from the evo's and sti's. Now drive them for a couple of days, they feel faster than they are. Well, they are fast, but what im saying is the power is like nothing but then all of a sudden, an explosion of power. Its very fun but it gets old quick for me. Go back and test drive by yourself and really get into the power, its there, its just hiding from you. LOL :drive:

Also, you can get a sport for a good price right now. I bought mine last week for 21,500 otd and it had 1800 miles on it. I like the sport because i have my own navigation thats better than stock, even though i cant find a dashkit to make it fit. That suck, and the leather that mazda uses looks really cheap in my opinion. Its looks like it will not last that long. And the really good think is that a member just traded in his sport with 11,000 miles on it and got 23000 trade in. thats insane, i could get more than i paid for it on trade in. Im just curious is to what the depreciation is going to be in a couple of years from now.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I started from a 6i aswell, had that for about a year..coming from that it was ALOT faster. However, my 6i was auto.

·
Registered
829 Posts
yeah man, the thing about the MS6 is that to me it doesnt feel fast unless you really get on it. Super fast if you are powershifting. But that is the way that it was designed, to be docile in normal everyday driving, but quick when really called upon. Think man, 13.7 in the 1/4! Thats very impressive for this car, not far off from the evo's and sti's. Now drive them for a couple of days, they feel faster than they are. Well, they are fast, but what im saying is the power is like nothing but then all of a sudden, an explosion of power. Its very fun but it gets old quick for me. Go back and test drive by yourself and really get into the power, its there, its just hiding from you. LOL :drive:

Also, you can get a sport for a good price right now. I bought mine last week for 21,500 otd and it had 1800 miles on it. I like the sport because i have my own navigation thats better than stock, even though i cant find a dashkit to make it fit. That suck, and the leather that mazda uses looks really cheap in my opinion. Its looks like it will not last that long. And the really good think is that a member just traded in his sport with 11,000 miles on it and got 23000 trade in. thats insane, i could get more than i paid for it on trade in. Im just curious is to what the depreciation is going to be in a couple of years from now.
[/b]

Whoa, who the heck paid that much for a trade-in?! I might have to trade mine in and buy a new one (and make money!). =)

·
Registered
243 Posts
Lithia Mazda, here in the heart of the Sunny Central Valley (Fresno) is knocking $5000 off the sticker (including rebate) accross the board. They have a pretty good selection as well. When I bought mine, they had about 10 on the lot, they've received a few more since then, but I think there's still about 10 remaining for 2006. Needless to say, you need not pay an addendum.

As far as speed is concerned, once the turbo kicks in, it's a blast. Having ever so slightly modified mine, I find that the turbo surge comes on all at once and when it does, if you're not ready, it will take you by surprise. 6i's and 6s's really don't compare. You may have been driving a car that hadn't been reflashed, it would have been deceidedly boring. I can confirm 0-60 in 5.4 and 1/4 mile in 13.7 @ 99. It is a fast car, relatively speaking.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Whoa, who the heck paid that much for a trade-in?! I might have to trade mine in and buy a new one (and make money!). =)
[/b]
Look in the buy/sell section and check someone thats selling a cp-e intake and exe springs. He said that they gave him 23000. I cant confirm that because people do lie. But thats what he said. But, I know what you mean. Id like to trade mine in and get a new one in the black cherry color. I love it but i couldnt find a better deal than the silver one i got.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i need to talk to the owner of the dealership. if they are selling for 23-25k i could totally afford that
the extra 7-10 over that is out of control

i know when the speed3 comes out (wich the dealership here has already presold 11 of them) the 6 will drop well below where it is at now

but i dont wanna wait, i need something that is good in the snow, or at least better

·
Registered
243 Posts
I would think that the Speed3 may actually prop up the 6 a little. Certainly dealers will be trying to gouge the market with the 3, so a comparably priced 6 wouldn't really make any sense, it would have to be upsold. I myself think the 3 looks like an absolutely smoking deal, but you should expect to pay more for a larger car with (slightly) more power and AWD. They're really marketed to different audiences though.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I would think that the Speed3 may actually prop up the 6 a little. Certainly dealers will be trying to gouge the market with the 3, so a comparably priced 6 wouldn't really make any sense, it would have to be upsold. I myself think the 3 looks like an absolutely smoking deal, but you should expect to pay more for a larger car with (slightly) more power and AWD. They're really marketed to different audiences though.
[/b]
i totally agree, the 6 is in the class with the subaru legacy. The mazdaspeed3 will be against the cobalt ss, srt4,the v-dub R32 and such. I positive that it will make the 6 hold its value better. Its all-wheel drive and bigger, how can it cost less than a fwd car thats smaller. It wouldnt make any sense. Personally though, i like the mazdaspeed3, and i would have probably waited on one if i wasnt 6'3, the Mazdaspeed6 is the smallest car i can fit in (pretty) comfortably

·
Registered
243 Posts
i would have probably waited on one if i wasnt 6'3, the Mazdaspeed6 is the smallest car i can fit in (pretty) comfortably
[/b]
Another condition we share. Big Speed6 drivers unite!! :)

·
Registered
940 Posts
Another condition we share. Big Speed6 drivers unite!! :)
[/b]
You little people (6'7" here) crack me up. :nana:

I fit in in my Focus SVT just fine, the 6 actually has a lower roof line which is a bit annoying for so big a car. I still love it though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts