Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nissan Altima:

Introduction: I came onto the lot and immediately made it known that I wanted to look at a 6 cylinder. The salesman put pressure on me for a 4 cylinder model. When I requested to drive a 6, he couldn’t find one. I then requested a drive in the 4.

Visual: The Altima looks better close up than it does on the road. Smooth flowing lines start at the front and sleekly slide back along the length of the car where they eventually explode into absolutely hideous taillithgt. The taillights totally destroy the otherwise nice look of this car.

The interior, in my opinion, really isn’t as bad as everyone carries on about. It’s not great, but it’s not horrendous. I could live with it.

The drive: Even the 4 is quick, but can be noisy and transmits a decent amount of vibration into the wheel. Not as much as the Saturn, but unacceptably worse than any of it’s competition. Shifts weren’t unnoticible, but weren’t overly abrupt. The car handled reasonably well, but seemed a bit wide through turns.

Summary: at first, I could see why I see so many Altimas on the road. It’s a quick car that handles well, and is very roomy inside. I found, however, the amout of vibration that I received through the wheel to be unacceptable. It wasn’t a good road feel, instead it was a harshness, perhaps mostly from the engine.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Reading Topic: Test Drive: 2003 Nissan Altima 2.5s

Thats one of the reasons I wouldnt want one "I see so many Altimas on the road".

The other day when driving back from work at this intersection I stopped at a stop sign and I swear to god, there was a altima behind me, one at the stop sign to the right and one pulled up in the other lane going the other direction.

It was funny because i thought to myself this is a total nissan intersection. I was driving my sentra and there was a maxima there too :)

·
Registered
980 Posts

Applejax did you go on some test drive marathon or something man?

·
Registered
1,423 Posts

Oh,

Common dude..the Hatch! you can do it..the Hatch!! don't give in..

·
Registered
980 Posts

Or at least the sedan AJ. What made you decide against the 6 anyways man. You can't go wrong with a car as nice as the 6.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts