Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Hyundais, even though are supposedly not up to the ride quality of their competitors, are supposed to be good cars that are very reasonably priced (i.e. cheaper). I pulled in, got out of my car, and walked the line of Sonatas.

The window sticker was the first thing I looked at. They were inexpensive.

The headlights of this car are hideous. Goofy. Awkward. Pick your adjective, that's what they are. The rest of the car is actually nice, and I like the tail view - the taillights are very clean. Overall the car has nice lines, if not just a bit boxy.

The door was unlocked, so while waiting for a salesman, I popped it open. The interior is quite nice. Much nicer than one would expect for the sticker price. I didn't examine it closely enough to evaluate the actual fit and finish, but intial views were pleasing.

Upon attempting to slide into the car, I hit my head. I got out and tried again. I hit my head again. I am not overly tall, but yet I had to make a conscious effort to duck my head in an awkward fashion to get in. I had a similar experience testing the rear - definitely not acceptible to slide a baby in and out. I went back to the front and hit my head again!

I got out, closed the door and I left.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Reading Topic: Test Drive: 2003 Hyundai Sonata

look at some of their models and smoe of the jaguar models. You will see they copied a lot of elements from jaguars, i find it funny.

·
Registered
628 Posts

My wife agrees, everytime she sees one of those XG300's she thinks it is a new Jaguar

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

That's Hyundai in a nutshell. What could you expect from a company with the name of a prairie dog? :sarc

They are cheap. They are reliable. But also very boring and - ugly.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

No, seriously I don't think so...

But "Hund" is the swedish word for "dog", so go figure...

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

Or Hynda (older word for female dog, or soft term of "bitch"). But somehow I find it more fitting on Honda. Huyndai makes small round cars with bad looking fenders, exept for the Santa Fe - a LARGE car with bad looking fenders.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Test Drive: 2003 Hyundai Sonata'

Originally posted by applejax

Is that what a Hyundai is?  A prarie dog?  Interesting.[/b]
Hehe, in Norway, Mazda and Hyundai is being sold together..... At the same dealer.... But soon, I think Mazda will have the same dealer with Ford. That`s better I guess

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

I can see it now...Ford and Mazda...

Reliability is only a few steps away.. :p

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

Olle Olsson Bilimport who handled Mazda in Sweden for many years will as I understand it not do so in the future. I heard that Mazda themselfs will import cars here in the future. At least where I live Mazda is sold with Suzuki and Peugeut. Don't know about the future. Heard rumors about Volvo taking over the selling part... They would also take over Land Rover... Not sure about the truthlevel on that thogh. Maybe some other Swede know?

·
Registered
262 Posts

Originally posted by Steve 6er

That's Hyundai in a nutshell. What could you expect from a company with the name of a prairie dog? :sarc

They are cheap. They are reliable. But also very boring and - ugly.[/b]
Originally posted by applejax

Is that what a Hyundai is?  A prarie dog?  Interesting.[/b]
Actually, the word Hyundai in Korean means innovation.

·
Registered
980 Posts

Which is pretty bad considering all their cars are copies of others. :sarc

·
Registered
262 Posts

Well, all cars are copies of others. No one is truly original. While I personally don't think I'll ever buy a Hyundai (even though I'm half Korean); they're good for what they are; inexpensive, reliable transportation.

·
Registered
980 Posts

I guess that is true. They are quite the bang for the buck. There are lots of Hyundais here in Toronto. I too sometimes mistake the XG300 for a Jaguar.

·
Registered
354 Posts

Originally posted by Blackbird

. I heard that Mazda themselfs will import cars here in the future.[/b]
In Norway too....I think it will be like that in the whole Europe.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts