Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed lately that the driver side vents (the left most one, as well as the center console left vent) blow air which is on average 4-5 deg C warmer then the other vents on the pass side (yes, I did measure this), or even for that matter the remaining 2 vents in the center console.

I brought the car in to the dealer to check this out...they scratched their heads...checked the vent plumbing (LOL), compared the temp readings to the other cars on the lot (I just love hearing this...) and it was deemed to be normal.

Well, not exactly normal to me when my wife is freezing in the pass seat and my vents feel like they are blowing warm air on a hot day all while the AC is supposed to be blasting COLD air.

So...I'm curious if anyone else has seen this? I hate the thought of pushing the dealership to dig into the dash...I simply know that this will inevitably produce a host of other problems...and I'm not really looking forward to discoving the new noises for example.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Some other dude posted about it a while back. Dealer told him it was normal too. But it isnt. All of my vents tend to be near the same temp. The outer most vents are a tad warmer but not by much.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BUMP!!!

No one else having experienced this? I believe this is aproblem with the duct work, or the HEAT/AC system, but really have no idea where to start in troubleshooting this issue. I want to be able to go back to the dealer with some solid leads/clues.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have noticed this on mine as well. It doesn't really bother me that much, esp. since I usually get cold before my wife does with the A/C. But I can definitely understand the frustration. I'm not really sure why it does it, I'm wondering if it has something to do with the fan being on the passenger side of the car, maybe the air has to go further to get to the left vents and it warms up a bit in the process.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts