Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just yesterday while driving my 6s, I realized the temp. was climbing fast. At first, I figured that the rise was caused by the a/c being on (90+ degrees outside). So I shut it off. Not before I noticed, every so often the cold would shut down and then return intermitent. Anyways, air now off. Problem still there. As I continue to drive the temp. starts to peak, level off, and then start to cool back down. Is it possible that I am having a problem with the therm.? Are the problems related?

I am at the end of the line with this car. I have had it for 3.5 years now and have had nothing but problems. Not to mention the numerous recalls on a new released car. Approx. 80,000 miles, new clutch at 60,000 miles (which falls under normal wear and tear). So every 3 years it's going to need a new clutch, oook. While under warranty it was taking to the dealer a few times for the smell of radiator fluid burning and some periodic sqealling(sp), that they couldn't pin point. Well it progressed and now does it everytime it's started (belts look fine). Imagine that, warranty is long gone. Now this problem. Geez.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Turns out the fan is on all the time. Even at night.
[/b]
There's a TSB for that, also watch your coolant level.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
The temp shooting up usually indicates that the coolant isn't circulating. If you're sure your coolant level is OK, there may be some blockage in the cooling system (stuck Tstat?) or the water pump isn't working. (Relatively easy to replace ;)) Please don't drive the car in an overheated state or you could have bigger problems down the road.

I put 138K on my Contour with the 2.5 Duratec and it was still running strong when I sold it. Although it did need a WP at about 60K miles...

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
The temp shooting up usually indicates that the coolant isn't circulating. If you're sure your coolant level is OK, there may be some blockage in the cooling system (stuck Tstat?) or the water pump isn't working. (Relatively easy to replace ;)) Please don't drive the car in an overheated state or you could have bigger problems down the road.

I put 138K on my Contour with the 2.5 Duratec and it was still running strong when I sold it. Although it did need a WP at about 60K miles...
[/b]
exactly - hopefully it's not the WP

·
Registered
146 Posts
While under warranty it was taking to the dealer a few times for the smell of radiator fluid burning and some periodic sqealling(sp), that they couldn't pin point. Well it progressed and now does it everytime it's started (belts look fine). Imagine that, warranty is long gone. Now this problem. Geez.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
[/b]
I've gotten that squeling a lot. The first time I took it in, they replaced the starter. Problem fixed? HA. Now not even 12,000 miles later it's doing it again. I won't go on a rant. Don't get me wrong, I love my car. Just wish I didn't have sooo many misc. problems. Oh well, that's what I get for buying a first year car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
slipperychef
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing