Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey There,

I have a quick question about Tien S-Type springs. I have just installed these on my car this pass weekend. On my car, sometimes, when I make a left turn, the front left corner will litely rub. I wanted to know if this was normal.

Could it be that my shocks are done. I have 34K miles on them before I did the drop and about 100 after.

Also, the car is the same height on both sides. I checked it with a tape messure a few times on my level driveway.

Andrew9578

·
Registered
799 Posts
are you running stock wheels or aftermarket?

·
Registered
771 Posts
i have tein s-techs and they dont rub at all.....this is with stock rims and tires.....but then again im runnin eibach pro-kit in the back, dont know if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Could it be that the stock shock is not rebonding all the way on the left side. But the ride hit is equal on both sides.

I don't know.

No one has ever had a rubing problem with these springs?

·
Registered
799 Posts
no problems rubbing up front with both stock and after market.

·
Registered
867 Posts
did you have stock shocks? if so this may be why

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I do have stock shocks. I didn't know if one was blown, if that would cause the problem. This is really starting to make me :swearin: . I need to find out what is going on.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Well the only solution I can give you is take the wheel off, take the shock out and see if anything is out of place. That's the only way you are going to find out what's going on.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I check over everything. What could be out of place. I'm not mad at you guys, you guys are doing what you can. I'm getting pissed because I can't figure it out.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Suppose you could roll your fenders but you shouldnt need to on stockers.

I know for myself when install lowering springs I will be installing lowering springs with Konis.....perhaps something you may want to try if nothing else seems to be showing up after you're install.

is it rubbing only in hard cornering or in "normal" driving

·
Registered
270 Posts
Suppose you could roll your fenders but you shouldnt need to on stockers.

I know for myself when install lowering springs I will be installing lowering springs with Konis.....perhaps something you may want to try if nothing else seems to be showing up after you're install.

is it rubbing only in hard cornering or in "normal" driving
[/b]
after changing springs-did you get the front end aligned fully and the rear as well? If alignment is off it could create an interference issue

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have an 05 6S Hatch with 30k miles and have been running the Tein S-Tech Wagon Springs on stock shocks now for almost a year with no problems at all, and no rubbing. I also have aftermarket rims that are 18x7.5 with +45 offset and aftermarket tires which are 225/40/18. I didnt have to roll my fenders at all and i drive my car pretty hard everyday. Maybe they arent installed properly and like 'scotts6' said above make sure u get a front and rear alignment. or worse case scenerio your shock(s) could be gone.

·
Registered
922 Posts
no rubbin for me up front.. i have s-techs and 18x7.5 45mm offset... rubbin in the rear.. totally different story..lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts