Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally got them installed. The front springs went on waaaaaaay easy. The rear were a waaaay diffrent story. Took twice as long. And the problem was only 1 bolt on each side, it was kicking my ass trying to get that bitch to fit in. Took a mechanic at our self help auto place to get it in, and alot of elbow grease...If you do this install also, make sure you have lots of time. Getting the hole to line up with where its supposed to be is way difficult. Other than that it went well, the rear is alot lower than the front though, which i dont think looks too good, so I might get diffrent front springs to try to get it lower, or is this usual?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Post a picture. i thought the rear is suppost to be higher then the front.

Andrew9578

·
Registered
159 Posts
Post a picture. i thought the rear is suppost to be higher then the front.

Andrew9578
[/b]
It might have something to do with the fact that the wagon rear weighs a lot more...??

·
Registered
799 Posts
ya post some pics, I am curious to see the difference. being in Japan, does your wagon have the V6?

·
Registered
160 Posts
ya post some pics, I am curious to see the difference. being in Japan, does your wagon have the V6?
[/b]
sorry... didn't know it was the wagon

andrew9578

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
so I might get diffrent front springs to try to get it lower, or is this usual?
[/b]
Lower than S- techs in the front? Are the japanese cars totally different than ours? You cant get much lower than the S -tech's without pretty much completely eliminating all your shock travel. If you need lower, try coilovers......

Also, is your wagon a V6 or 4cyl? If its a 4cyl, that would be my guess to why the front is higher than the rear.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Also, is your wagon a V6 or 4cyl? If its a 4cyl, that would be my guess to why the front is higher than the rear.
[/b]
I was under the impression that there was not a v6 anywhere other than North America. All cars in japan are 4cyl, correct?

177 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Doesnt people ever search anymore?? No, it is 4 banger, us Japan folks use technology to make power...not more size. It makes 220 Hp stock. And that wouldnt be the reason the front is higher than the back, since I bought the springs that are made for the 4 cyl. hatch. Im hoping that the front will settle down some other wise its by by springs and hello front coilovers.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Doesnt people ever search anymore?? No, it is 4 banger, us Japan folks use technology to make power...not more size. It makes 220 Hp stock. And that wouldnt be the reason the front is higher than the back, since I bought the springs that are made for the 4 cyl. hatch. Im hoping that the front will settle down some other wise its by by springs and hello front coilovers.
[/b]
I wish the US had that kind of power out of the four banger.

Andrew9578

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
i almost bought those shocks but opted not to b/c of the complaints i heard. the main reason you can get that much more power in some ways is emissions isn't it? i know even german cars compared to the US exact model can sometimes have 30-50 hp more.

·
Registered
159 Posts
[/b]
Find some hot sluts to sit on the hood. They are light enough to not dent the hood, but heavy enough to settle the springs.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Actully our emission standards are alot worse than in the states...
[/b]
i stand corrected thank you :). i know it's not as strict in europe then at least. what'd they do to make that 2 litre have that much more power?

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
you military at all?? I know for a fact you can't ship that car back to the states through the government unless you pay. You might as well buy a new 6 through AAFES and have it shipped to your next base. And by the way, just so EVERYONE knows, Okinawa is like the Bronx of Japan. It is a TOTAL frickin military island, americanized like you wouldnt believe!!!! Okinawa has all the second generation of cars shipped down to them from the main island.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
they won't ship it why? my sisters fiance had his 06' 911 shipped back with him from germany in the summer and they gave him no qualms.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
[/b]
I was under the impression that Tein made 3 types of S-tech springs

1) Sedan V6
2) Sedan 4cyl
3) Wagon V6

I believe these are the only 3 sold in the United States, hence why I guessed that because you have a 4cyl and you probably ordered wagon springs, which in the US are all V6 and the springs are designed for a V6, as to why the fronts might be higher than the rears.

However, you just said you bought springs for the 4cyl hatch....... does Tein sell different springs in Japan? If they do and you did buy springs for the hatch, the rear might sag lower because the wagon is a little heavier in the rear than the hatch. Do you have any side shot pictures of your car so we can tell if the fronts are too high or the rears are too low?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts