Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I did some research on the forum before posting this on here. I coulnd not find answers to my questions.
I would like to hear from any one that has a set of Tein Coilover 16 way adjustable springs.
Maybe the question should be if Tein makes such set for the MS6?

I'm strongly considering going the Tein way with a nice set of coilovers.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Well I did some research on the forum before posting this on here. I coulnd not find answers to my questions.
I would like to hear from any one that has a set of Tein Coilover 16 way adjustable springs.
Maybe the question should be if Tein makes such set for the MS6?

I'm strongly considering going the Tein way with a nice set of coilovers.
[/b]

The general consensus is that the Tein coilovers for the MS6 suck. They are noting but rebadged coilovers designed for the regular 6, and have very very soft springrates, and according to Stretch the shocks suck. Except for the autoexe coilovers there aren't really any that were designed for the MS6 they'er all just carryovers from the regular 6. The only set that has stiff enough spring rates, and good shocks, are the HKS hypermax LS. If you really want coilovers, get those.

·
Registered
851 Posts
the true coilovers from tein. like the basic and flex, while carry overs are actually better than the auto exe spring setup. the spring rates a quite a bit higher than what the autoexe has, about double what they are.

don't confuse the stech springs for the full tein coil overs.

back on topic.
I've been intrested in a set of basics(non adj) for a while and might get around to purchasing some. I'll let you know

because the hks hypermaxes are carry overs also

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well so does any one have the Autoexe full coilover kit???
The main thing I want to achieve with this car is GREAT handling and maybe increase power a bit....

HKS sounds like a good option! how much for those?

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
Tein is a lousy company. Their products range from embarassing (Style Master springs) to just mediocre (Tein basics, flex).

·
Registered
851 Posts
i read some of your reviews strech and have changed my decision on tein. they used to make a good product what happened?

·
Registered
28 Posts
The general consensus is that the Tein coilovers for the MS6 suck. They are noting but rebadged coilovers designed for the regular 6, and have very very soft springrates, and according to Stretch the shocks suck. Except for the autoexe coilovers there aren't really any that were designed for the MS6 they'er all just carryovers from the regular 6. The only set that has stiff enough spring rates, and good shocks, are the HKS hypermax LS. If you really want coilovers, get those.
[/b]
Actually Tiens springs are the same as HKS in the front at 8.0 kgf/mm. Tien is stiffer at 5.8 compared to HKS 5.5 kgf/mm. 1 kgf/mm is around 56 lbs if you want to converted to compare with others spring rates.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I dont think tein ever made a good product. Just magazines liked them because they are JDM

I have run the basic, SS and HR (jdm only) on the civic. they all sucked. Thankfull the only set I had to buy were the HR's. The rest were borrowed for evaluations. The HR was supposed to be the Best for Track and occasional street use. When the rears blew up (2 months) I replaced them with Koni Yellows while I was goind to send them in to be rebuilt, but the yellow were better than the teins new, so I never bothered.

They do make pretty spherical bearing top hats, to bad they crack so easy.
:swearin:

Ok my rant is over.

·
Registered
15 Posts
thanks for opening my eyes about tein. I was pretty much dead set on some tein springs but what you have said has given me enough doubt to compare other springs so that I get the best ones.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts