Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few odd issues with my 6. 1) it's a four banger. Not that it's a REAL issue, but I don't like it. Especially knowing that the 6 cylinder spanks it like a redneck spanks his daughter for wearing a dry tshirt in the house.
But, whenever I make a left hand turn, there's a squeak. And sometimes, there'll be a squeak from the driver's wheel while driving. It never last long, but it's there. After some movement, it goes away. I've checked the bushings and they seem in good condition (and they should be cuz they're new).

Also, my speedo seems to stick at around 100mph. I KNOW my car increases in speed past that, but the speedo doesn't seem to move. As a matter of fact, when getting spanked by a 6cyl 6 (how I found out about this site in the first place) we ran up to about 115-120 ish (I'm assuming) but my speedo was saying around 90. Now, I KNOW I was going past that because I had my cruise set at 85 or so. Any ideas on either of these.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
:huh:

First, don't diss the L3, it's a good little engine if you treat it well. And you bought it.

Second, dry t-shirt wtf?

Third, street racing storied are against TOS. Also, you might want to get the speedo checked out at the dealer (you do have a warranty), but be careful about saying how you noticed the "sticking". (Does it happen with cruise control off?) And you can't really assume much about your speed, acceleration really drops off after 100mph. You don't have an ATX do you?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First. It was a joke.

Second...uh...it was a joke.

third, I wasn't really street racing per say. I mean, I see what you're saying. But I have a hard time believing that a) the speed drops off that dramatically afer 100 b) that it would do the same w/ the 6cyl I was trying to keep up with. And I'm taking it to a dealer at some point (probably after this comex is over). I was just curious if anyone had any ideas. But, I appreciate teh concern. :)

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Ok ok. :)

But yeah, your speed shouldn't hit a brick wall at 100, and if you still accelerating with no movement in the speedo then it looks like a warranty issue.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Sorry but the 4 is a great little engine. And as far as getting spanked i can keep up with 6cyl pretty easily. but I have moded mine pretty heavy so yeah.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Sorry but the 4 is a great little engine. And as far as getting spanked i can keep up with 6cyl pretty easily. but I have moded mine pretty heavy so yeah.
[/b]

ya man a heavily modded 6i can keep up with a 6s. if its ATX then even better if its manual then.....bye bye. start modding it up and then ull be able to see that the redneck spanking that turned into bruises are now near cuts :) but if that 6s is modded then....ur owned period. the v6 gains a lot more power than a 4-banger with the same mods. and about the speeder i agree with everyone else get it checked out asap.

-n1ghtmare

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
jage
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing