Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So one of my friends from work kinda got me listening to techno. Only thing is, I'm really picky about it.

I've kinda been listening to "Escape [Electro Mix] by Key Cee, Dooms Night [Timo Maas Remix] by Aziddo de Bass, The Push by Plump DJ's, First Contact by DJ Godfather, etc.

Like I said, really picky so if you techno fans can shed some light on some good music, I'd greatly appreciate it!

I heard this one Beastie Boys techno remix at a club here downtown and loved it, but unable to find it anywhere. Probably custom done but, damn the guy was good, I loved it!

·
Registered
522 Posts
For DJ's I personally like: Tiesto, Paul Van Dyk, Deep Dish, Paul Oakenfold, and Frankie Bones. I have been listening to techno/trance for about 11 years and I love it.

I honestly can't sit here and tell you specific songs I like. Mostly anything by those DJ's is great in my opinion. My favorite is Tiesto currently. Best European DJ. Listening to him mix both live(twice) and on the CD is amazing.

If you want to hit me up sometime on aol IM my sn is anthonyvoc, I have alot of songs I would be glad to share with you.

just ask me anytime :yesnod:

later man

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I agree with RhodeIsland, Um some other "groups" would be Cascada, Groove Coverage, Erika, DHT, DJ Cammy and Inphinity, and my man DJ Markski for some Euro.

I like Benny Banassai, Darude, and Also Ministry of Sounds has some good house/trance songs.

Haha being polish I got a lot of DJ buddy's so I get a little bit of everything, Feel free to PM I got quite the selection on my computer haha.

·
Registered
238 Posts
that stuff isn't "techno" that's club or dance music. techno would be like underworld or crystal method or µziq, you know, good electronic music ;)

·
Registered
199 Posts
I've got another vote for Tiesto...he's great!!! Darude is really good too...I have a problem when I listen to their cd though when I'm driving...I tend to zone and not realize how fast I'm going!!!

·
Registered
92 Posts
I guess I'm more of a dance/club person, but it all meshes quite well:

Junior Jack, Tiesto, Ferry Corstein, Felix da Housecat, Paul Van Dyke, Oakenfold, Royksopp, Rinocerose....

a really good place for me to find new music is forums.mypuppet.net - which used to the be the site for a great techno/dance station in Dallas, that i could luckily pick up in Oklahoma. They also have a stash for rare remixes and stuff that people acquire. Since the station doesn't exist anymore, i don't know if they let anyone else have "access" but I could post a request for some Beastie Boys remixes and see what I get. (I guess it was a montage, and not just one song?)

·
Registered
92 Posts
haha - only BB remix i have on this computer is BB vs. Herbie Hancock vs. INXS vs. AC/DC...Intergalatic...its HORRIBLE in my book, but people seem to like it, so i keep it around.

ill pull out my ext. HD and see what I have on there. I have 2k songs on the laptop and about 5k on my HD, so I'm liable to find SOMETHING.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Some that I enjoy:
Dj Tiesto
Crystal Method
Chemical Brothers
Photek
Paul Oakenfold
Mylo

·
Registered
216 Posts
You guys should check out The New Deal. Electronic with alot of drums and keyboard. It's less of a main stream type techno/dance, but it's good stuff.

Also, if you like Royksopp check out Zero Seven.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
I have the beastie boys remix that you are talking about. It is a funkymix remix. Only reason that I have it is because I am a DJ. You won't find it on the internet, it is a really old remix. When I am finished moving and replug in my hard drive I will send it to you. Just send me a pm to remind me.

·
Registered
163 Posts
See...yeah i have listened to Crystal Method, Tiesto, etc. but in my opinion they are all to "mainstream" for me. I love it when one of my friends just gives me a cd saying that its a "local underground artist" and thats that. I have gotten some of my favorite songs that way....

·
Registered
522 Posts
I recently saw Tiesto live at Crobar in NYC. was insane. he played from 1am-6am. what a great experience. We were up front about 10 ft. from him. I slapped him five when he was getting off the stage.

check out www.tiesto.com

Top left hand corner he has his own jukebox. You can listen to some of his greatest live sets on there for free. you hear the crowd and everything it is crazy. There are 3 live sets. My favorite is HMH (Heineken Music Hall) which is in Amsterdam. The jukebox will play for an easy 12 hours straight, its nuts.

Some pics for you Tiesto Fans:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
About this Discussion
45 Replies
25 Participants
Confuc1ous
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing