Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well as of right now I haven't tried anything it kinda feels like maybe a vacume leak or egr. it's an 01 with an 03 v6 motor. I have had a few people tell to change the alternator and others say it's in safe mode. I didn't even know cars went into safe mode

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey I heard this whine yesterday on the passenger side of the car and was thinking might be the alternator. Also when driving the whine goes in tune with the engine. Any pointers?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey guys.
I have a 2005 Mazda 6 with 2 issues in my mind. One is that there is a whine from the passenger side of the car. I'm guessing it may be the alternator
Second today when breaking my car wobbled a bit

·
Rally Racer
1,743 Posts
Hey guys.
I have a 2005 Mazda 6 with 2 issues in my mind. One is that there is a whine from the passenger side of the car. I'm guessing it may be the alternator
Second today when breaking my car wobbled a bit
I suggest taking off the serpentine belt and spin all the bearings by hand. The loose or crunchy one will be the culprit. It is probably an idler bearing but it could be alternator, power steering or AC compressor clutch.
The wobbly brakes are from a build up of friction material. If you get shaking when driving and carefully pulling the hand brake with the thumb button depressed then have the rear rotors turned. If there is no wobblkng with the hand brake and only the foot brake then have the front rotors turned. A machine / brake shop can do them both for $20-30 if you carry them in.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I suggest taking off the serpentine belt and spin all the bearings by hand. The loose or crunchy one will be the culprit. It is probably an idler bearing but it could be alternator, power steering or AC compressor clutch.
The wobbly brakes are from a build up of friction material. If you get shaking when driving and carefully pulling the hand brake with the thumb button depressed then have the rear rotors turned. If there is no wobblkng with the hand brake and only the foot brake then have the front rotors turned. A machine / brake shop can do them both for $20-30 if you carry them in.
Coolio. While driving home my clutch pedal went to the floor and stuck there. When going up a hill i made a shift from 2 to 3 and hear like a small pop and i felt as if i lost some weight on the clutch. :| :| :| I was able to limp the car home but there was no clutch response when depressed. When i stepped on the clutch nothing happened. When i completely let off the clutch it rose idling to about 1100rpm any ideas coz i thot i broke my transmission even though at a recent oil change after asking them to check they said the transmission had almost new oil in it.

·
Rally Racer
1,743 Posts
Coolio. While driving home my clutch pedal went to the floor and stuck there. When going up a hill i made a shift from 2 to 3 and hear like a small pop and i felt as if i lost some weight on the clutch. :| :| :| I was able to limp the car home but there was no clutch response when depressed. When i stepped on the clutch nothing happened. When i completely let off the clutch it rose idling to about 1100rpm any ideas coz i thot i broke my transmission even though at a recent oil change after asking them to check they said the transmission had almost new oil in it.
Bummer, it sounds like your clutch cover (pressure plate) broke. I suppose there is an outside chance it could be a slave or clutch master cylinder but I am betting against it.
You will likely need a clutch kit, (cover plate and bearings plus resurfacing your flywheel. I personally would also flush the clutch hydraulic fluid at this time as well.
Good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
DrFeelGood
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing