Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have a 2014 mazda 6 2.5 petrol , it has 25k kms on it , I drive it on the highway and the check engine light with tcs came on also the screen started to switch on and off by itself and I couldn't accelerate I had my foot down to the end but the car didn't want to accelerate I pulled over and when I put the gear in park I felt a hard kick coming from the transmission alo thought the car was stopped I switched it off then in again and every thing except the check engine light come off after switching it off again when I reached my house the check engine light turned off . I took the car to the dealership the next day they said that maybe the battery is wee and causing those problems and that I better change it , but they are not really sure that's wat I understood*

·
Administrator
18,606 Posts
Definitely worth checking your battery voltage with/without the car running. I ran my battery to its death and my dash was definitely not happy looking lol.

It wouldn't surprise me if the battery needs replacing. Even the AGR ones need replacement every ~5-6 years.

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
I've read this a couple of times but I still can't believe it, battery lasting up to five years?!?

Perhaps it's very hot here and that's why our battery warranty is only up to two years and once past the warranty, it suddenly gives up. As if the battery is programmed to die right after the warranty expires!

If @TalonTsi90 were to post, he will say use Forscan.

EDIT: He already posted but didn't mention Forscan. Perhaps it's not needed for this case.

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
If @TalonTsi90 were to post, he will say use Forscan.

EDIT: He already posted but didn't mention Forscan. Perhaps it's not needed for this case.
I suppose you can look to see if the SSU threw a code for low voltage, it doesnt throw a CEL for that. Ive just never heard of the stability system throwing one for a weak battery.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts