Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is TCS the system where the computer engages your brakes if it doesn't detect traction?

·
Registered
514 Posts
Reading Topic: TCS?

Actually thats brakeforce distribution... TCS either limits ignition (most common from the factory) or fuel injector duty cycle (high-performance aftermarket types) in order to curb engine output. Brakeforce distribution clamps down on the corners of the car while the power is still being piled on and is used more to control the attitude of the car rather than overall traction.

-Alt

·
Registered
212 Posts
Replying to Topic 'TCS?'

Actually, I believe the TCS does use ABS to prevent wheelspin. At least I am pretty sure it does in the Mustang, and I'd guess all TCS systems work on similar basis.

·
Premium Member
2,898 Posts
Replying to Topic 'TCS?'

Here's how most TCS Systems work...

Traction Control Systems have an electronic sensor on each of the four wheels to determine when a wheel is spinning. When a car begins to slide, or even a wheel, the sensors transmit a signal to the ECU, which then determines how to regulate the brake pressure. If the wheel speed is greater than the vehicle speed, the ECU applies the brakes to that wheel, engaging the traction control system and transferring the torque to the wheels with traction. If the ECU senses the brake is locked, it engages the ABS.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts