Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving around an area that I really wasnt familiar with yet in Milford CT and was running on the gas light so I stopped at a local Shell station (instead of the 7-11 across the street). I filled up with 93 and was on my way. Didn't really notice anything on my way home, but I was wicked tired and just wanted to get to bed.

The next day driving in to work the car was acting funny getting a hickup every now and then at highway speeds and just a relative lower power than I'm used to in the first 2 gears. The speed6 studdered like hell a few times in first ad just doesnt feel like normal. She has about 5600 miles on her.

I told my friend from Milford about it and he laughed at me and said that no one goes to that station because they are notorious for crappy gas...since im moving to that area soon enough I know one station I wont be frequenting...it just goes to show you that the name brand station isnt always the best.

Now I have to go through a full tank of garbage gas until i can put something decent back in :swearin:

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
I was driving around an area that I really wasnt familiar with yet in Milford CT and was running on the gas light so I stopped at a local Shell station (instead of the 7-11 across the street). I filled up with 93 and was on my way. Didn't really notice anything on my way home, but I was wicked tired and just wanted to get to bed.

The next day driving in to work the car was acting funny getting a hickup every now and then at highway speeds and just a relative lower power than I'm used to in the first 2 gears. The speed6 studdered like hell a few times in first ad just doesnt feel like normal. She has about 5600 miles on her.

I told my friend from Milford about it and he laughed at me and said that no one goes to that station because they are notorious for crappy gas...since im moving to that area soon enough I know one station I wont be frequenting...it just goes to show you that the name brand station isnt always the best.

Now I have to go through a full tank of garbage gas until i can put something decent back in :swearin:
[/b]
that sucks. u can always get a short garden hose and syphon is out. just make sure u bring a mint for afterwards. :barf:

·
Registered
403 Posts
that sucks. u can always get a short garden hose and syphon is out. just make sure u bring a mint for afterwards. :barf:
[/b]
I don't think life is so simple anymore. Back in the old days for some reason or other I can't recall I learned just how careful you have to be when siphoning gas. But I think they have some anti-siphon design in most cars now. I actually bought a siphon kit when I found out the dealer gave me 87. Figured I siphon it out of the 6 into the minivan. Didn't work at all and I brought the kit back to the store.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
seanw
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing