Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally got around to doing some suspension work on my piece and I installed rear springs. Installation went okay, it just took me a little longer than I predicted, those bolts were a PITA with just hand tools. However, I got it done and I'm positive I did everything correctly (double checked, even re-did one of the sides), BUT I did not cut the bump stops.

So I take it out for a drive later on and I hear some pretty nasty sounds coming from the rear. It sounds almost like metal clanking and it happens on bumps or hard turns.

Are these noises normal.....?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Check and see if you got the spring seated properly

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
So I finally got around to doing some suspension work on my piece and I installed rear springs. Installation went okay, it just took me a little longer than I predicted, those bolts were a PITA with just hand tools. However, I got it done and I'm positive I did everything correctly (double checked, even re-did one of the sides), BUT I did not cut the bump stops.

So I take it out for a drive later on and I hear some pretty nasty sounds coming from the rear. It sounds almost like metal clanking and it happens on bumps or hard turns.

Are these noises normal.....?
[/b]
I am getting the same sounds but from the front on my sportlines. I was told it's becasue I forgot to take the plastic crap off the stock springs and put them on these. even though it felt like the stuff was perm. on the spring...it's annoying as hell though.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
yeah transfering the rubber is critical, i got the nfs as well. Sometimes when i get out of the car there is a squeak but I never heard anything on the road.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
Matt60158
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing