Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got mine in the mail. Wondering what people thought of it. Paid 470 all together. Realize that it doesnt add much in terms of Hp, though I do think its by far one of the better looking and sounding systems out there. What should I expect in terms of install and any potential CEL problems for those of you that might have it?

·
Registered
220 Posts
I have it on mine. I really liked the look and I like the sound, I also have headers with no cats and I get a lot of looks. Install wasnt that bad, hardest part was taking of the bolts since mine were rusted. Other than that its pretty easy and straight forward.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice thanks, yea it looks like a pretty simple install. Im not sure what a shop would do that I couldnt in terms of installing it. People are all about the magnaflows, but I hate that cromey ford look they have regardless of the minimal hp increase they may or may not add. Where did you get your headers from?

·
Registered
220 Posts
I got them from nautilusperformance.com. People said it would sound like s with out cats or a resonator, but I like it, its loud but deep.

·
Registered
12 Posts
this is an excellent exhaust. you won't really notice a horsepower gain, which is common with most exhaust systems. Since it's axle back, install is easy. Also, for headers, check out msds headers and a website called the www.therpmstore.com, they have cpe headers. Both cost anywhere from 700+

·
Registered
596 Posts
I've been sporting the Tanabe Medallions for well over two months now (got mine used).
They're your basic P-N-P, and with no cell. Just spray the bolts heavily with PBlaster the night before install.

As far as looks go, IMO they're the best looking out there for the 6. I really haven't noticed anything as far as hp gains, but when WOT is engaged, it can be loud as hell (especially since I'm running a MS CAI as well).
Install was quite simple. The hardest part for me was getting the driver's side to balance properly on the hangers.

All in all, I'm quite happy with it.
My future plans are to get MSDS headers and eliminate the pre cats, for a better flow and peace of mind.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How did you balance out the pipes? I was thinking of getting some new hangers, I figured that would raise the pipes alittle cause the stock ones look like they sag quite a bit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts