Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok im ready to buy these or the Racing beats but have a couple of quick questions before i do. One for either one of these do i need to buy kartboy hangers. ALso if so do you guys sell them. Lastly which one would you recommend and does the tanabe especially pass PA emissions and inspection. Thanks

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Ok im ready to buy these or the Racing beats but have a couple of quick questions before i do. One for either one of these do i need to buy kartboy hangers. ALso if so do you guys sell them. Lastly which one would you recommend and does the tanabe especially pass PA emissions and inspection. Thanks
[/b]
No, you don't need the Kartboy hangers. However, they will limit the movement of the exhaust system, if you'd like to install them. We do not carry them.

Both systems are axle-back kits, so they will have no effect on emissions. As for which to choose, it's really a matter of personal preference. The Racing Beat kit has a more conservative look and subtle increase in sound, whereas the Tanabe has a more distinct look and is a little louder.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
k thanks also this isn't going to be over 93 dbs right. i mean how loud is it relaly not enough to get a ticket correct in pa. also how long does it normally take to get to 19053 if i place an order tomrow night andall the hardware is in the box correct. thanks falcon. Also how big is the tip i couldnt find it anywhere. on one of the vids it says its 4 inch that seems totally rediculous.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
They advertise that it is not over 93db. Also, I'm not sure about the tip, but 4 inches is what a lot of the manufacturers have gone with on this car.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah i have it. i was looking for something htats loud but not ricey. for me its perfect its pretty loud but it def sounds good. people always ask me waht sin tehere when they hear it and i just ahv eintake exhaust. heres some pics. anyother questions just ask.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
After seeing those pix, I think they fit the 6s real nice and considering getting myself a system. I just like to know what's involved in the removal of the stock and installation of the Concept G. What kinda of problems people often run into, how long it takes and is this something you can do yourself in the garage? Also planning on lowering rear by 1.75" and front 2"... any clearance issues anyone see in that with the new mufflers?

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have the super medallion, I'm pretty sure it's teh same install for axlebacks. All you do is undo bolts, not hard, might have one stuck hard though if you driven on it for a while without cleaning it everynow and then. Easy with power tools, I'd say hardest part is ripping the stock off the hangers, which can be solved with wd40. For clearance, I am at stock height right now with stock hangers, so no porblem. I'm lowering it today with teins 1.5/1. So I can see how that goes, won't be a while until I can guarantee anything, have to wait till they settle. Take a look for H. tech coming on my car soon thread, I think it was. Just search H. tech, sure it will show up. I'll be posting pics and I'll leave somethin on any problems with dragging exhaust.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi guys. I just bought the Tanabe Concept G exhaust for my 2003 Mazda 3 2.3L. But the guys at the muffler shop said that they don't fit. Has anyone have problems with this before?? what do i need to do? They said they need to make a custom y pipe.
I was thinking that the shop sent me the wrong one?

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Hi guys. I just bought the Tanabe Concept G exhaust for my 2003 Mazda 3 2.3L. But the guys at the muffler shop said that they don't fit. Has anyone have problems with this before?? what do i need to do? They said they need to make a custom y pipe.
I was thinking that the shop sent me the wrong one?[/b]
Tanabe does not make an exhaust system for the Mazda 3. You've received something that is made for a different vehicle, which is why it does not fit. Did you purchase this from RPM?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Tanabe does not make an exhaust system for the Mazda 3. You've received something that is made for a different vehicle, which is why it does not fit. Did you purchase this from RPM?[/b]

Sorry... i meant a Mazda 6. 2003 model Mazda 6 2.3L. :D

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
NO SCREW THE SHOP... i dont think there is a difference for just axelbacks... go to another shop man you're getting ripped off, custom y-pipe bs.... my friend did my install with the same exhaust, easy install everything fits i had 3.0 though but i HIGHLY doubt there is a difference

·
Registered
784 Posts
They should just bolt up. 03-05's are the same car, i think ,but the 06 & 07's are different. Maybe you've recieved an exhaust system that's made for the 06-07? But, it does sound like that shop is trying to rip you off! Good luck!

I have the Tanabe medallion axel back exhaust. I switched it over to be true dual exhaust. With Cp-e headers and i deleted my cats. It sounds pretty tough, alittle ricey though.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
They should just bolt up. 03-05's are the same car, i think ,but the 06 & 07's are different. Maybe you've recieved an exhaust system that's made for the 06-07? But, it does sound like that shop is trying to rip you off! Good luck!

I have the Tanabe medallion axel back exhaust. I switched it over to be true dual exhaust. With Cp-e headers and i deleted my cats. It sounds pretty tough, alittle ricey though.[/b]
na 06-08 fits perfectly fine... i had an 06, theres no difference for the axelback section, and btw in the other thread, he said that the angle looks weird, im assuming he left the car at the shop and when he came back the shop made it look weird.. so yea shop was a rip off!!! go to another one or have a local 6club member or something to install it!!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Im in Sydney :(

So there is no difference in exhaust layout between the Mazda v6 and the i4??? The Tanabe exhaust part number i got was (says on the box) T80091A for the Mazda 6 03-06. but it doesn't say if it's for the 6i or 6s.

Maybe i should take it to another muffler shop first??

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Im in Sydney :(

So there is no difference in exhaust layout between the Mazda v6 and the i4??? The Tanabe exhaust part number i got was (says on the box) T80091A for the Mazda 6 03-06. but it doesn't say if it's for the 6i or 6s.

Maybe i should take it to another muffler shop first??[/b]
Ohh. You didn't mention that you were in Sydney.

This exhaust system was made to fit vehicles manufactured in the US. Since your vehicle was made in Japan, it will not be a direct fit.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts