Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to find out how is it possible to remove the rotors off this car. After many tries I was unable to remove the 2 :swearin: screws that are holding it in place. What am I doing wrong? I broke one impact wrench on it already.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I need to find out how is it possible to remove the rotors off this car. After many tries I was unable to remove the 2 :swearin: screws that are holding it in place. What am I doing wrong? I broke one impact wrench on it already.
[/b]
You have to drill them out. Pretty much the best, and only way.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That I knew, I was just hoping to reuse them just using some trad-lock paste to be able to move them the next time.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I used an impact driver with a #3 Philips bit. It was a bitch but they come off

·
Registered
167 Posts
Ditto with White MS6. Used that on a friend's '03 earlier this year. Took some work, but they came out alright in the end.

·
Registered
375 Posts
man up... wipe the sand out of your vagina and take out the screws

ha ha ha

j/k
i have a tool, it is like a big heavy screw driver but when you hit the end with a hammer it rotates the end. you are applying a tremendous amount of ressure on top of and turning the screw at the same time

·
Premium Member
4,155 Posts
i have a tool, it is like a big heavy screw driver but when you hit the end with a hammer it rotates the end. you are applying a tremendous amount of ressure on top of and turning the screw at the same time[/b]
Yup, that's the impact driver that White MS6 was talking about. That's the only tool to properly do the job.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Yea I couldn't stand the rust on the hubs of the rotors so I took them off and painted them black. I also painted the calipers red. The combo looks awesome!

·
Registered
249 Posts
thats what im going to do when i get back home... except im painting the calipers CAT yellow, and then send off the rims to get them powder coated black mica or somthing.
My uncle's got a car lift... so it should make the job easier. Better than doing it with a jack in the parking lot... :)

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Yea I couldn't stand the rust on the hubs of the rotors so I took them off and painted them black. I also painted the calipers red. The combo looks awesome!
[/b]
Take some pics after and while your doing it please. Want to see what they look like also sound slike a good idea. Thanks

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Has anyone found cross-drilled rotors for the MS6?

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Idk how much you can squat but you could use a breaker bar and make sure you use your legs to lift it, thats what I did and it came out easy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts