Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Reading Topic: Taking my car to school for the first time

the first time i had to park downtown, i was feeling a bit nervous all day long... the first time is always hard to handle...

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Yes, especially as there is the dent-factor.

One has to weigh that towards to drool-factor.

:)

·
Registered
1,477 Posts

Just make sure you give thought to where you park the car at all times. Look for the most "inconvient" part of the lot to park in, as this is usually more of a "hike" and most students want to walk as little as possible.

Also, try to get spots which are exposed on only one side, and park as far from way from the line seperating the next space. Of course, there's always that jerk who will go over the line like an idiot and park in your territory, and open the door and whack your car.

A few weeks ago, in my former '00 Oldsmobile Alero, I parked in a Supermarket lot. The spot I chose was at the end of the aisle which is closest to the market (not in the boondocks). But there was a wall in front, so no cars there. To the left of me there was no spot, just those yellow "no parking" lines, and I parked far enough away from the car on the right to avoid getting a ding. When I came out of the market, a commercial van had parked at the end of the aisle illegally, right next to me. As to make it appear "less-obvious" he was illegally parked, he parked right up against my car, with his passenger side literally two inches from my car. I couldn't even get to my door, let alone open it!

I was pissed. I went inside and had them page the owner, preapring to give this guy all hell. I waited 10 minutes, but he never came out. I had to go in through my passenger door. For a moment, I really considered damaging his vehicle, because I was so upset at his idiotic action.

But I decided against it. If this had happened in my 6..... I may have had to think twice about that damage thing...

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

A friend of mine always park ON the line, taking up two lots. He figures that paying one excess equals 20 parking tickets.

So, he prefer that.

And what more...he usually don't get parking tickets at all. And he keeps his car dent-free.

Man, I wish I had the guts. :D

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Replying to Topic 'Taking my car to school for the first time'

I was lucky, I parked at the end with no one on my passanger side in the last row. She survived her first day of parking in the lot without a scratch,ding or bird drop!!:D

·
Registered
303 Posts

I think the birdies like to drop on shiny cars..

·
Registered
895 Posts

Originally posted by Steve 6er

A friend of mine always park ON the line, taking up two lots. He figures that paying one excess equals 20 parking tickets.

So, he prefer that.

And what more...he usually don't get parking tickets at all. And he keeps his car dent-free.

Man, I wish I had the guts. :D[/b]
Around here, taking up two parking spots is like putting a sign on your car:

PLEASE KEY ME

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Originally posted by masteryang

I think the birdies like to drop on shiny cars..[/b]
They do. Especially blue cars, it's a known fact. They think it's water. Why they poop over water, is on the other hand a mystery. Perhaps it's considered to be a toilet...

Never had so little bird droppings on a car as since I got my Silver Contrail Mazda6.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts