Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been having an issue at 5% throttle with some sort of clicking coming form the engine bay. I also have the dreaded stutter issues many of us face. What else should I get the Mazda techs to check, my warranty is over in another 10K km's. If somethings wrong, I'd like them to detect it now rather than later (when I'm over the warranty period).

·
Registered
156 Posts
The clicking noise you are most likely having is the auto belt tensioner/tensioner pulley bearings go. I had replaced them on my '04 6i under warranty and looks like I might have to do the same to my '06 Speed6 (with 1k left in warranty! lol). The stutter may be the coil wires needing to be stretched or the spark plugs to be cleaned/replaced.

I would also have them check for any outstanding recalls or TSB's. As mentioned as a big one, have them check the rear differential mounts.

Moving forward outside of warranty, I HIGHLY recommend getting an oil catch can; fairly inexpensive and can save your engine from re-digesting a bunch of junk.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Um....I'm gonna go ahead and say everything.

·
Registered
57 Posts
have them check the A/C to see if it needs a recharge. Also I would have them check the steering pump as well, I have had my replaced twice under warranty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts