Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I work at Infiniti dealership with some guys that have worked at their share of dealerships. Couple used to work Mazda back in the day, so this new stuff (aka my 2003 6) is foreign stuff to them.

Anyways, to the point...I read up on some of the Tsb's and flashes and figured it wouldn't hurt to have them check out and see if I need any updating.

The four biggest problems I have:
The surge to 1000 rpm after sitting overnight and almost stalling
A strange drop in Rpms when crusiing between 25-50 mph. Removing my foot from the gas pedal causes rpm to drop from 2000 back down to 800 while still maintaing a slightly decreasing speed.
Clicking noise at idle with a/c off and car sufficently warmed up.
Finally, a clicking/clanking noise from passengar front suspension area. Haven't pinpointed it but thats the area.

Any input on these issues? Did some searching and found a few helpful links, but most of the info or posts were from a year or more ago, just curious if any new light has been shed on these topics.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I don't really see a Problem goin in for just a reflash, I did that once before.

But seems lately alotofpeople are having Idleproblemsm as am I, I think it might be the motor in the TB cause there is no way CP-E mess this up.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I had my 04 6s mtx recently reflashed for an emission recall. the car seems peppy now even without my cp-e intake in but i also noticed my car is easier to shift no lag either. on the interestate cruising at 75 my rpm's are now up in the 2700 rpm range like it almost needs an overdrive to shift into( ie.. 6th gear). what type of tranny do you have?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Granted the idle problem is my main concern. However, another problem has reared its ugly head starting midway through last week.

Anywhere from 20 mph all the way up to 60 mph the rpm's are VERY erratic. I can be cruising at 40 mph on flat level ground and as soon as I remove my foot from the gas pedal the rpms "shoot" down to idle speed (800 or so) and remain there even when coasting to a light. Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the torque converter is supposed to match rpms in order to keep them both equal. Am I mistaken or confused about what I'm talking about?
Despite this erratic rpms problem, the car in general seems to be fighting to accelerate or fighting the transmission to acheive a certain speed. The best way I can analogize the feeling: knowing I am driving a sports sedan but feeling as though I'm towing another 1000lbs behind me...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
jzoom6
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing