Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Guys,

We received our MS3 in the beginning of November. For the past few months we have been playing with our car. With roughly 300 miles on the car we went straight to our in house Dynapack Dyno to get a good baseline.

Here are our baseline results:

Stock Car 274 ft. lbs. & 244.2 whp

Next we decided to pull off the exhaust. We found that Mazda made it complete pain in the ass. You have to cut the factory exhaust off the car in order to replace the cat back or you have to remove the complete rear sub frame. We chose the much easier route, we just cut the factory exhaust off the car.

Here is the dyno plot:
Stock Car Vs. 3 inch Cat-Back 16.8 ft. lbs. & 6.5 whp peak gain

The last test we installed a SRI Intake and Blow Off Valve on the car with the Cat-Back. The car showed reasonable gains.

Cat-Back, Blow Off Valve & Short Ram Intake: 9.1 Ft. lbs & 6.3 whp peak gain

All of these gains are still with the stock boost controller. The boost settled at about a 16 psi spike, then down to 4 psi at redline.

We have a few more test's we plan on doing while waiting on our production exhaust pieces to come in which will be:

Down-pipe with Stock Exhaust - I think removal of the cats is where the power can be found

Fuel & Boost controller – On a stock Ms6 we picked up 25whp just tuning fuel without raising the boost at all. We will make over 300 whp with just bolt on parts.

Thanks,

[email protected]
www.turboxs.com
301-977-4727

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
that's an awesome set of results right there. really considering trading my 6s for a ms3 now.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
that's an awesome set of results right there. really considering trading my 6s for a ms3 now.[/b]
No matter how much it may outperform my MS6, I could never get a 3 - they just look so, how should I say it, gay?

·
Registered
651 Posts
No matter how much it may outperform my MS6, I could never get a 3 - they just look so, how should I say it, gay?[/b]
Well, at least you're politically correct about it. :laugh:

Nice gains...am I right in thinking this is the first time multiple parts have been dyno'd from a manufacture?

Also, am I correct in saying the yellow shows the new rating at the stock max RPM...while the green is the new max rating?

·
Registered
706 Posts
Nice numbers, but that's what they are. Enjoy spinning..... Now let's see some MS6 numbers since this is a Mazda6 forum... ;)

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Nice numbers, but that's what they are. Enjoy spinning..... Now let's see some MS6 numbers since this is a Mazda6 forum... ;)[/b]
Exactly, torque steer is gonna be harsh....You can boost the numbers up all you want , Question is can the Chassis handle it?

Like Redlinez said this is a MS6 forum if you don't want to support the MS6 there are other performance companies who will
thank you...

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Who says we won't support the MS6 Market. A lot of our developements are transferable. As this is the same engine in your vehicle. So you can expect similar gains. Actually all of our parts we have for the 3 are the same that we offer for the 6.

Not to mention the addition of the 3 to the Mazda family will only help you guys.

To date we have the following parts for the Mazdaspeed 3 & 6:
DTEC-FCBC
SRI
BOV & RBV KIT
FMIC Kit is in development
Catless DP

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
This is great news!

Maybe we need a MS3 section.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Who says we won't support the MS6 Market. A lot of our developements are transferable. As this is the same engine in your vehicle. So you can expect similar gains. Actually all of our parts we have for the 3 are the same that we offer for the 6.

Not to mention the addition of the 3 to the Mazda family will only help you guys.

DTEC-FCBC
SRI
BOV & RBV KIT
Catless DP[/b]

Jermaine,

Any plans to develop a UTEC for the Mazdaspeed 6.

Regards,

Rocket 6 :drive:

·
Registered
4,524 Posts

DTEC-FCBC
SRI
BOV & RBV KIT
Catless DP[/b]
Well if that's the case ^_^ i might take a look at your BOV Cool i'm excited, so many options

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
you guys gotta remember also, it's a lot easier to make products on a car the company owns/has posession of. Mazda gave out so many of those damn speed3's, of course they are going to use that as the tuning platform and then crossover from there.

great job Jermaine!

·
Registered
4,524 Posts

DTEC-FCBC
SRI
BOV & RBV KIT
Catless DP[/b]
Well if that's the case ^_^ i might take a look at your BOV Cool i'm excited, so many options

·
Registered
532 Posts
I agree. This is good news for us to as the engine is the same... So they can pretty much swap back and forth, right? So even if J is telling us about the ms3, we can look forward to the same stuff for our speed6. As for making a ms3 section, well like someone else said, this is the maza6club, not 3, but I really do not care as long as we are informed of what is avail. for us. Thanks for all the great info J.

Edwin

·
Registered
706 Posts
Engine is the same but the AWD is controlled by computer right? Read up on the software threads for the MS6. CPE said he thinks those who started on the MS3 will be way behind those who started on the MS6 as he doesn't think the codes will be the same at all for the most part. But I understand the MS3 being jumped on, it's in the subcompact market, which is where most all the money is spent. I'm content driving the old man's underdog, but it won't be once we get our support up and running.

·
Registered
532 Posts
True. I love my speed6. I will wait til our tuning solutions become avail. and all other goodies to come! But nice to see some descent #'s on bolt on parts.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Damn.....Are some of you guys that responded above TRYING to chase away the aftermarket......Especially those that take the time to visit here?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
This is great news!

Maybe we need a MS3 section.[/b]
I don't think it would hurt at all. I mean what you guys really want is a resource for all imformation pertaining to your car. Wether it be on Mazda6club.com a random place call Turbomazda.com. If the information is in one place the developements are much easier to track you everyone benefits.

Jermaine,

Any plans to develop a UTEC for the Mazdaspeed 6.

Regards,

Rocket 6 :drive:[/b]
We do, but UTEC system are not usually the quickest item to market. It is a complicated EMS that just takes time.

Well if that's the case ^_^ i might take a look at your BOV Cool i'm excited, so many options[/b]
Yep, it is up on the site. We are running a special on it. $200 includes the valve and adapter :)

Engine is the same but the AWD is controlled by computer right? Read up on the software threads for the MS6. CPE said he thinks those who started on the MS3 will be way behind those who started on the MS6 as he doesn't think the codes will be the same at all for the most part. But I understand the MS3 being jumped on, it's in the subcompact market, which is where most all the money is spent. I'm content driving the old man's underdog, but it won't be once we get our support up and running.[/b]
I personally think that is not true, at this point we have played with the MS6 just as much as we have played withthe MS3. As a shop we personally like the MS3 just because it is more of a RAW car. But, with that said the MS6 has it's place right inbetween though WRX & STI guys. In General I like the Mazda engine, I think we will see some great potential out of them.

[email protected]

1 - 20 of 54 Posts