Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a silver Mazda 6, 2007. Looking for some new, sick tail lights. Does anyone know of nice, rather-cheap ones?

Or some good online websites

thanks

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
ebay sells the el cheapo LED tails. there like 150. but looks like something off ebay. otherwise F40 sells some that are really nice, but there also like 350. i originally had the nasty oem clear tails, and upgraded to the OEM red tails. they look stock, and dont look aftermarket like the clear, or black stock tails.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Car LED tails all the way. Save up your $$$ and get them, they are well worth the money...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
albertngoo ---

I LOVE THOSE!!! how much? where do i buy them? they will look nice with my silver car. And will they definitely fit on a 2007?

·
Registered
299 Posts
They're on eBaY for about $160 bucks (shipping included). I'm pretty sure they'll fit your car. Sell your old tail lights and the cost won't actually be that much. Hell, I made money switching to these.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh, cool cool. Thanks. I looked on eBay and I'm gonna get the same ones but all black. And LED. Are the turn signals yellow or red?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh. Did you do the install yourself? How long does it take? And, how did you sell back your stock lights... without those bulbs?? Thanks so much

·
Registered
2,580 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Oh. Did you do the install yourself? How long does it take? And, how did you sell back your stock lights... without those bulbs?? Thanks so much
Yeah I did it myself. Its completely simple and I sold the old tail lights for about $175 w/o the bulb lol :)

·
Registered
698 Posts
I agree with StlMazda6. But The price on Albertngoo's set is much better.
Hey Albertngoo, IMO, you need to disable, maybe even remove the interior 3rd brakelight. It looks silly with both the spoiler one enabled.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So, I got the tail lights and installed them... Is it possible to change the yellow turn-signal bulb for a red one of the same size? Or do those usually just come in yellow?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hell yeah it is dude - go buy a red rear turn signal bulb!!!

Bulb # 7443

I mean...this is assuming that the set you got:

a) allows you to pull out the bulb from the taillight

and

b) uses the same bulb #'s as the NA model.

Personally - since if you have those all-clear looking taillights - you should go buy a chrome dipped turn signal bulb.

I don't know if you could plug an LED in there - might need a resistor for the turn signals...? Whatever, just buy a chrome dipped one...scroll to the bottom of this page:

Tail Light Brake Light Turn Signal LED Bulbs

1 - 20 of 27 Posts