Votes: 0 0.0%
  • depends on the body colour

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Supposedly the US market will see red taillights because majority of American people have expressed their dissatisfaction with the clear ones that are standard in Japan and Europe. There are also black lights available as an option.

I'm just curious of what the real Atenza/6 enthusiasts think.

Is it clear?

Or red?

Or black?

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Taillights'

I think body color makes a difference, but if carbon fiber taillights were an option, I'd buy it for sure!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Well, the yellow hatch with black taillights and full aero package was meant to be just a teaser. The real intention of this poll was to find out the reason for prefering the red taillights in NA market. Oddly enough, so far none of the real Atenza/6 enthusiasts have voted for those. Could this be a serious miscalculation from Mazda marketing team?

·
Registered
14 Posts

uhh hello?? there were only 8 people who voted that poll and you think Mazda made a miscalculation? hahaha you gotta be kidding man. We aren't the only Mazda 6 enthusiasts in NA and besides that, enthusiasts are just gravy. As if Mazda will actually listen to the enthusiasts rather than the average driver in NA who likes soft suspension, heated seats and leather. i know it's hard to believe but that's the truth. I want Altezza lights or carbon fiber lights too but hey, what are you gonna do?

·
Registered
87 Posts

I noticed in the most recent official pictures from the website, there are NO red taillights, only the black altezza ones, which make this car incredibly beautiful. Perhaps Mazda came to their senses...

·
Registered
22 Posts

Actually...the official pictures from the Mazda website are red, aren't they? It looks like the housing of the tailights are sort of a dark red. However, the pictures from the site help to alleviate some anxiety - they look a lot better than the pictures I've seen from car shows, like the picture above. So far, I like it :)

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

I think the red ones used for the car shows are last minute mockups that were just there to demonstrate the concept of having them in red. The finished ones look much better IMHO. They have a bit of a smoky look to them, but they're definitely red. Very nice. I do like the smoky black ones too. The clear ones I'm still ambivalent about. Too much ricer heritage. As far as it goes, I think the eurotails on the 6 are the best looking I've seen. Certainly way better than on say the Altima.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Did you guys see the covers available as option on the japaneese site? I was clicking around and found those. Quite cool. They cover the reflective area and only shows the lights. The covers come in customized color (the same as the color of the car's paint).

However, all those extra gadgets they show on that site add up to some serious money. <g>

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Originally posted by Steve 6er

However, all those extra gadgets they show on that site add up to some serious money. <g>[/b]
No kidding. The aero kit (bumpers, side and back spoilers) alone adds $2500+ to the price in here :crap: That's 4.5 times the cost of M-aero package for a 3-series BMW. Hopefully aftermarket kits will be less expensive.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Originally posted by Sigvard
No kidding. The aero kit (bumpers, side and back spoilers) alone adds $2500+ to the price in here :crap: That's 4.5 times the cost of M-aero package for a 3-series BMW. Hopefully aftermarket kits will be less expensive.[/b]
What can I say?

<g>!!!!

/Steve

·
Registered
16 Posts

Originally posted by Chris_Bangle

... As if Mazda will actually listen to the enthusiasts rather than the average driver in NA who likes soft suspension, heated seats and leather.  i know it's hard to believe but that's the truth.  ...  [/b]
I've read in some major car magazine (Car & Driver?) that Mazda USA decided to go with red lenses because they are afraid of being called a copycat (IS300 and Altima). Copycat or not, I will take clear lenses on any day.

·
Registered
246 Posts

I would take a grey 6 Sport with black front- and backlights. Or front white and black backlights. Or both. Just buy 2 of them ;)

Coen

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

I've read in some major car magazine (Car & Driver?) that Mazda USA decided to go with red lenses because they are afraid of being called a copycat (IS300 and Altima). Copycat or not, I will take clear lenses on any day.[/b]
Subzero-When the 6 made its North American debut at the Detroit auto show, they had both the clear lamps and the red ones. The red ones were a last minute job done so that they could have the example. They then asked passersby which they preferred. Apparently people were overwhelmingly in favor of the red lamps, even unfinished as they were.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Originally posted by kenoka

Subzero-When the 6 made its North American debut at the Detroit auto show, they had both the clear lamps and the red ones.  The red ones were a last minute job done so that they could have the example.  They then asked passersby which they preferred.  Apparently people were overwhelmingly in favor of the red lamps, even unfinished as they were.[/b]
I don't remember where I got the photo shown above, but if that's the auto show you're talking about, then I'm not surprised they chose red taillights. With a blue car like on the photo, the clear lights seem quite odd at first glance. If they'd had a silver car with clear taillights then maybe red ones would be just an option and clears standard.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts