Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I owned a Mazda6 in Hong Kong, for some reason, the tallight doesn't light up like the one in Japan or in US, only two of the brake lights are connected, the "inner circles" (near the license plate ) are useless....

Anyone know the parts' number for the wiring harness and etc ??

thanks,

·
Registered
922 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Taillight problem'

Its the same in Australia, Only the outta brake lights work 1 each side...inner 2 are fake/dummy lights though in some countries one would be a rear foglight....
Think you'll find its the same in the US/Europe;)

·
Registered
205 Posts
Reading Topic: Taillight problem

In some markets, both inner tail-lights act as dummys only, as ozzie says. But there are also some markets where the left inner tail-light acts as a foglight (and in this case right inner light is dummy). For N. America, I believe the inner lights are night/parking lights only and only the outer two are brake lights.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts

yes in the U.S. the inner lights are just parking lights. Only the outer are actual brake lights

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Replying to Topic 'Taillight problem'

yea .. I would like to connect them as parking lights ~

I have only seen JDM Atenza has it :(

·
Registered
50 Posts

there was a tread a while back where some guy did it himself or something.... anyway anyone who knows where to get it done or know how to do it plz post it up

·
Registered
90 Posts

May I suggest tapping into the lighting circuit for the rear license plate lights? Seems like that might be a little easier/cheaper than a harness coming from a different country.

L

·
0 Posts

About those inercicles they work as parking/nigth lights, just because they aren`t fully wired.....They have installed the low beam wire, But the bulbs and the housing can take the high beam one...Just put an extra wire they will ligth up when u brake....How to get this done...Have an Spolier?????
So u got your the power....
Take down the balck/gray cover from the trunk, You will see two Plugs, a Balck one. and a White one. The White one is the one hat power the spoiler...
That white plug has To wires (Both Back) thres just a Small difference Between them a Silver or white stripe thats the one whit the power to ligth up the inercicles...Extend a power line betwen that plug and the inercicles, putting the new power line in the empty Spot of the bulbs base, is easy to do it just takes about 20 min.....

Good Luck ppl!
Srry for my CrappyEnglish

1 - 10 of 10 Posts