Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best option for blacking out tailights? Is there anything other than overlays or purchasing new ones? Whatever the answer is, where is the best place to get it?

Answers appreciated,
:yesnod:

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
What is the best option for blacking out tailights? Is there anything other than overlays or purchasing new ones? Whatever the answer is, where is the best place to get it?

Answers appreciated,
:yesnod:
[/b]
Aside from the two options you listed above, here is the next best thing: Niteshades

Personally, I have overlays. Had I known this was a better route, I would have done this very thing vs. getting the overlays.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Aside from the two options you listed above, here is the next best thing: Niteshades

Personally, I have overlays. Had I known this was a better route, I would have done this very thing vs. getting the overlays.
[/b]

I agree, th niteshades is the way to go in leiu of not buying new ones. I have the overlays, but would have gone the niteshades route if it existed at the time.

Now I just have to spend more money for '06 tails :tear:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I saw on the HOW TO thread that JDM spray can be used in much less time. Is that a good option and how do you pick a brand. There is a link to ebay but I don't know which type to purchase.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
i used the JDM spray tint before i used just regular paint. the quality of JDM was pretty good. and yes, there is defenitely much less work involved with the JDM tint than with the Niteshades or really anything else.

I had a very small amount left over after i did 3 coats to the sidemarkers and 3 coats for the taillights. it's a very small can, but it goes a long way if you use it right.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
pololance6i
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing