Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I just ordered an 06 Mazda 6 Sedan GT-i4 with all the goodies. Anyways I wasn't able to get a straight answer from the salesperson, but what style tail lights come with the gt-i4? Also, if I wanted to upgrade to the dark housing tail lights, what is the approx cost and where can I purchase them aside from the dealership?

Much appreciated

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Welcome to the club! I'm not sure about the "GT" model, is that for Canada? If it is the same as the US sport model, mine came with dark tail lights. I'll have to research this a bit more. Anyone else?????

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the club! I'm not sure about the "GT" model, is that for Canada? If it is the same as the US sport model, mine came with dark tail lights. I'll have to research this a bit more. Anyone else?????
[/b]
Thanks! Sorry I didn't know the models were called differently in Canada compared to the US. Here is the spec sheet off of mazda.ca.

http://www.mazda.ca/include/printtable.asp...5_content02.xml

Thanks again!

To my knowledge all Mazda6s come with the black tail-lights now.
[/b]
I hope so :D

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
To my knowledge all Mazda6s come with the black tail-lights now.
[/b]
This should answer your question.......Sigma has been around long enough to know the changes from model year to model year. Sounds like you will indeed have black tail-lights!!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Beautiful thanks a lot everyone :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Nope, only the v6GT. Can't get the darker lights on any other model in Canada.

Ya in Canada it's the SEDAN and Hatch Sports model. You can get the sports package on the Sedan model which then becomes a 'GT'. I think I like the US models better because I think you guys have the 'Grand Touring' or whatever it's called which includes the 18inch rims on the sedan model.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
yeah, i believe the HID only is available on the speed6's. i could be wrond, though...

as for the taillights, i believe you are getting the 'tinted' version. you can always go darker, but you hvae some black available on the taillights. a lot of people like the look of the 06 tails. i personally think it's too stock. if you want something other than what you have currently, look up RPM. RPM

RPM is a board sponsor and has over 100 items available for the 6 right now. check them out.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Alright thanks a lot guys. I'll ask my dealer again and try to get a straight answer out of them.

:sarc:

·
Registered
440 Posts
Congrats and welcome. I have an 04 GT I4. Which dealer did you get it from and how much did you pay after taxes and all charges? How's the insurance?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey! I purchased the car from Westowne Mazda on Dundas. The car is on a 3 year lease so the total came to $365/month including tax with a downpayment of $3,000. Freight and PDI etc are all included. I believe the total was around $29,500 with tax. The salesperson gave me a good deal considering he was a good friend of mine :)

As for insurance I have not received a quote yet, however I doubt it will be higher than the SL :p

I assume then that the GT-i4 comes with the clear tails?

Thanks again

·
Registered
412 Posts
Not sure about now, but clear tails used to be an option in Canada when I got my 04 6i. Unless you asked for them, i think you will be getting the stock red ones? Not sure on this. I was at a mazda dealership recently for some warranty service and saw many many brand new 6's with red taillights, so I assume they still comelike that here. Let us know what happens!

If you end up with the red ones, you can always tint them. I've seen some threads on here about tinting the tailights, and there's a really good tutorial up, I plan to do it myself in the summer. I think the NA black housings are a little pricey from the dealership, and I haven't really seem too many other options.

Also, what color is the car? :D

// here's the link http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=36755

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
I don't know if Canada equips them the same as US models (I would assume so, but you know what they say...), but we have 4 trim levels and these are the tails that come on them (regardless of body type):

Base (tinted clears)
Sport (black)
Grand Sport (black)
Grand Touring (tinted clears)

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The car is in tungsten grey metallic :)

I'll see how I like the tails when I pick up the car. If it doesn't bother me I will just leave them. If not there are always other options.

In Canada we have the:
GS-i4
GT-i4
GS-V6
GT-V6

So I assume the US sport is equivalent to my gt-i4.

Anyways thanks again everyone!

·
Registered
96 Posts
italpasta,

Take a look at the www.trader.ca site. Search for 2006 Mazda 6's and you'll see a couple inline 4's on there. I got mine from Avante Mazda. The service there is out of this world. The dealership looks awesome too.

·
Registered
96 Posts
italpasta,

Not sure if you found your answer but I was looking in the spec sheet and found the answer for Canadian Mazda6's:

GFX Package: Mazda6 sport hatchback GSi4 and Sport Wagon GS - Black Housing in the front and rear lights.

and all the GT's come with them also. Not sure if that helps.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
9 Participants
generalinq
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing