Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
anybody know if these tail lights are swappable with the North American 04 hatchback lights?
thanks~ I know the wagon sets are different but
sedan=hatch in that case, Asian tails = NA tails?

http://news.u-car.com.tw/news-images/2006/...61023-38411.jpg

I am thinking about importing a set from there if they are interchangable
[/b]
seach and you'll find it. i believe they're called "tinted euros" and m6c's done soe GB's in the past. they'll run you a pretty penny although. (4-500)

you're probably better off buying tinted clears that are 06MY U.S. spec.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
^^correct. Those are tinted euros. They fit, you can get them, they cost big $$$. A search will bring up a ton of hits on them. You have plenty of tail light options. Euros, black, clear...it's fun...and costs! Ah, modding. Don't you just love it! :D

Make sure you search before you start buying things for your 6. Not all parts will fit, particularly JDM (Japanese market) parts. Just because it's a Japanese 6 doesn't mean a part will fit a NA (North American) 6.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
^^correct. Those are tinted euros. They fit, you can get them, they cost big $$$. A search will bring up a ton of hits on them. You have plenty of tail light options. Euros, black, clear...it's fun...and costs! Ah, modding. Don't you just love it! :D

Make sure you search before you start buying things for your 6. Not all parts will fit, particularly JDM (Japanese market) parts. Just because it's a Japanese 6 doesn't mean a part will fit a NA (North American) 6.
[/b]
yeah I saw there's quite a difference between the "clear" tails which we have here and the "TINTED EUROS"
anyways ya just making sure before I tell my relative to get one for me, so, again,
THEY FIT? YES?
:love:

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
you might also want to know that you will have to drill holes in them to get all of your lights to fit in them since european models do not utilize the same lighting as the NA models do.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you might also want to know that you will have to drill holes in them to get all of your lights to fit in them since european models do not utilize the same lighting as the NA models do.
[/b]
you mean like 1 hole for each side so the bulb can go through?
what's a good tool to do it?

·
Registered
244 Posts
anybody know if these tail lights are swappable with the North American 04 hatchback lights?
thanks~ I know the wagon sets are different but
sedan=hatch in that case, Asian tails = NA tails?

http://news.u-car.com.tw/news-images/2006/...61023-38411.jpg

I am thinking about importing a set from there if they are interchangable
[/b]
Looks like that car is the Taiwan's mazdaspeed 6.... and it sucks lol. I can't believe they put the factory body kits on a hatch back and call it a speed........ and it only has NA 2.3L engine :huh: and cost over 30k USD... such a rip off.. oh well, cars in Taiwan are expensive anyway >.> My father's forester 2.5 turbo cost like 45k USD

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
that is a good question,i don't have an answer for that.If you decide to purchase those you can email donny at therpmstore.com,he does a group buy once in a while on these and sends them to you already drilled.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks like that car is the Taiwan's mazdaspeed 6.... and it sucks lol. I can't believe they put the factory body kits on a hatch back and call it a speed........ and it only has NA 2.3L engine :huh: and cost over 30k USD... such a rip off.. oh well, cars in Taiwan are expensive anyway >.> My father's forester 2.5 turbo cost like 45k USD
[/b]
lol
it's called mazda6 mazdaspeed
assuming it's with better packages
ya but still, it's at least a straight import from Japan unlike the ones we have here :( they know the real MPS but whether they gonna import it or not is still a myth

anyway FOR THE LAST TIME, THE TAIL LIGHTS FIT THE NORTH AMERICAN 2004 hatchback YES? with 2 drills that is :D

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
not a drill per say a dremel and a grinding wheel are your friend. i am thinking of getting the ebay one's though.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I am pretty sure all the tail lights are the same, only the front bumper and rear bumper are different in Asia version. Not sure if the holes are the same or need drill though.. If you can read chinese maybe try to post on some Taiwan's car forums? Or maybe you want try Taiwan's yahoo aution. I always can find killer deal on there everytime I go back.

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
I should have edited my post,they will fit and very nicely.It is a cleaner look than the NA bubble lights as i call them.The problem being you have to drill.I will be doing this mod at some point.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts