Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone having any issues with water getting into the tail light? I'm noticing significant water (roughly about 1-2oz) of water in the tail light assembly.

I'll open the trunk and will notice that the water will drain out through the entrance where the light bulb goes in and come out through the rubber stopper.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Never noticed but I don't ever look at the back end but I will keep at lest one eye on it. I know the 3s have had problems with the front lights shorting out due to water.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I remember having an issue with my 1st gen Mazda 6, but that was like 8-9 years ago, so I don't recall.

I'll keep a look out for it.

Never hurts to contact the dealer while under warranty.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Anyone having any issues with water getting into the tail light? I'm noticing significant water (roughly about 1-2oz) of water in the tail light assembly.

I'll open the trunk and will notice that the water will drain out through the entrance where the light bulb goes in and come out through the rubber stopper.
Yep, front and back and I just posted about it, "dirty water stains".

·
Registered
1 Posts
2014 Mazda 6 GT - I'm having water accumulate in the right trunk tail light assembly. It is not just condensation! The dealer is telling me it is 'normal'. I don't agree! It looks terrible, and it freezes up inside the assembly in the winter here in N. Ontario. All other lenses are crystal clear! This one had water dripping out of the assembly into the trunk lid liner, down into the trunk. I want this fixed under warranty but dealer says there are no TSB's on it yet. They need to do something about it no charge! I have an app't. this Friday to get it 'looked at'. As a loyal Mazda owner for the past 13yrs. (3 Mazda 3s, 2 Mazda 6s) I will accept nothing less than a complete warranty fix by the dealer!

·
Registered
47 Posts
This happened to my 2014 a couple of seasons ago, too. Same light, too-- the right-hand side inner trunk light. There was massive condensation and some water filling it up. Dealership took one look at it, agreed it wasn't normal, and replaced it under warranty.

I actually had to take it back in during the spring this year because the same light started gathering condensation again-- upon inspection, they had forgotten to take the backing paper off the gasket of the light they had replaced originally. It hasn't been a problem since.

Definitely get the dealership to replace it-- take pictures of both sides if necessary.

Attachments

·
Registered
105 Posts
I had this fixed three times. The dealer finally installed seals of a newer design this summer. This is supposedly a permanent fix.

Zero issues getting the dealer to fix the problem. If your dealer claims that nothing can be done they are flat out wrong.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have the same issue, i complained about it around 10k miles but was told unless there is standing water its not going to be replaced under warranty, and now I'm past my full coverage warranty.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This happened to my 2014 a couple of seasons ago, too. Same light, too-- the right-hand side inner trunk light. There was massive condensation and some water filling it up. Dealership took one look at it, agreed it wasn't normal, and replaced it under warranty.

I actually had to take it back in during the spring this year because the same light started gathering condensation again-- upon inspection, they had forgotten to take the backing paper off the gasket of the light they had replaced originally. It hasn't been a problem since.

Definitely get the dealership to replace it-- take pictures of both sides if necessary.
Exact same problem and location for my '14 GT. I'm not sure what to do since the dealer says it's out of warranty.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts