Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Thinkin' about puttin on the clear tail light covers. I have the lapis blue 6s with sports package. i checked for a discussion of this already, but couldnt find one. if there's a thread with pics/discussion of how the different possible tail light covers look with the blue, please post a link to it.

anywho, does anyone have tail light covers other than the ones that come with the car(red)? If so, are there pics I can see?

What is everyones opinion on the best tail light covers for the blue?

Thanks!

-Eric

·
Premium Member
2,898 Posts
Reading Topic: Tail Light Options

I like both sets of lights.. I just don't know what set I want yet. The clear lights will be really easy to get, but the black ones look just as cool as the clear ones. Man... I am so torn!

·
Registered
1,423 Posts

If I remember correctly, that site has the blacked-out tailights but they don't carry the blacked-out headlights yet. I wonder how it would look to have black tailights but the normal chrome-like headlights?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Replying to Topic 'Tail Light Options'

are there any legal limitations to the color, or color density, of the tail light covers on a car?

·
Registered
980 Posts

I actually dont like those covers. If it were up to me I would go for the blacked out ones.

·
Premium Member
2,898 Posts

I would have to agree with Chindo.. But beauty is in the eye of the beholder.. I would either go with the clear and blacked out tail lights.. But then it becomes a search to find the blacked out front headlamps to match the blacked out rear ones :)

·
Registered
980 Posts

Very nice pics. After seeing those, you really should go for the blacked out taillights. But like Absolut said you should only do it if it matches front (headlight) and back.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

I quite like my clear ones.

Interesting here is how I find Mazda NA has made a bad analysis - it seems few americans in here like the red bulky ones best... :sarc

I like the clear ones best for the blue too, but for the yellow I like the black best...

·
Registered
1,806 Posts

The NAs are different because the US requires a red reflective rear side marker which is incorporated into the side of the lens.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: Tail Light Options

I like the clear lenses but I have to add that the Lexus and Honda/Acura tuner's overindulgence in them cheapens the moment for me. I'm sticking with the red covers for now.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: Tail Light Options

I agree with cynder on the clear lenses. I'm thinking that when I get my steel gray 6, I will do everything in my power to get the blacked out tail lights. I hope they arent' illegal in the states. :(

1 - 20 of 32 Posts