Mazda 6 Forums banner

Tail Light Options / Questions

63K views 69 replies 45 participants last post by  JFisher100191 
#1 ·
Hi All,

Im trying to figure out which options are all available in terms of taillights.

Question 1: Are the mazdaspeed6 tails compatible with the 6s / standard? Reason i ask is that i see a lot for sale at nice prices and are the tinted kind. Im just not sure if they fit the standard 6.

Second, what are all the options.

As far as i know its

1. Clear - Standard chrome back, clear lens (lexus, ricers). Very common now on just about every aftermarket moder. Correct?

2. Tinted - This is a tinted lenz, but what is the back made of? black, or chrome?

3. Black - Clear lenz with a black back? Or is it?

4. Euro - Euro ones are the tinted ones right? JDM sells some, but im guessing these arent "true euros", but then if they look and are exactly the same, who cares? Is there really a difference?

Can someone clear up the differences for me?

Thanks.

See less See more
#29 ·
So after reading all the replies on this topic, where would be a good.... "safe" place to buy clear or tinted euros that would fit a 05 NA 6s.... I was actually lookin at the HK dude on ebay, VERY glad I read this post. Thanks everyone!!
[/b]

check rpmstore.com, a site sponsor. i believe corksport, another site sponsor, also carries them. or check the buy/sell forum as sometimes they go up there.

#33 ·
so..............
will the genuine 2006 HB black tail fit on the 2004 HB
if it does then i am going to order a set of 06 blacks and replace my 04 reds
you guys are great, thanks
and that silver 6 with the black tail looks HOT
i have chekd with my mazda dealer in bc canada, still, nobody knows...

#36 ·
Alright so i have a dark grey mazda 6 with tints and im planning on getting back rims.. so the whole car is dark except the tail lights are bright red and they look kinda cheesy so im wondering if i should tint them or maybe get different ones.. im kinda a noob on the topic.. any ideas?

#41 ·
#42 ·
#44 ·
Are these True Euro or not?

#45 ·
Are these True Euro or not?[/b]
Are they "true euro"...no. True euros do not have a bulb opening on the trunk lamps and cost like least 400USD to boot. The ones you posted are simply aftermarket tails that have not side bulge. So in turn are "euro-type" tails, like mine. Even though mine are OEM not aftermarket. :)

#46 ·
#48 ·
What are you looking to get? If you want try potentialmotorsports.com or pm justins6s, I think they either are thinking of making led tails for wagons or they already have been running full production on them.

But if you are just looking for euro tails, I suggest ebay or the like. Or if you are looking for a different color head to a dealership or pm sheldon at mazmart for a deal, he can get OEM parts for you. GL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.