Mazda 6 Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 05 6S ATX V6 and just bought a tach with the shift light and all. Where do I connect the coil wire to? and where is it located. I need to know the exact location of the coil or ignition module. Please just don't say to connect it to one the two. Any diagrams would be appreciated. I don't know much about the electrical of this car.
Oh, and to why I wanna another tach when the car already comes with one, because when I'm using auto stick I wanna see the exact RPMs I'm at and not have to take my eyes off the road. Rycer or not to some of you, I need help identifying the wire for the coil. Thank you to those who can help. :D

177 Posts
Fuck that, I hope nobody helps you, that is soooo freakin rice. AND I LIVE IN JAPAN!! THE HOME OF RICE! You may say you "need" it but you are just trying to be another JDM wannabe unless you are using to 6 to race all the time. Which I know your not cuz you dont know how to even install a tach.

·
Registered
487 Posts
it's coil on plug, so I think you're out of luck.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Good time to let you know, the car will be slower in manual mode. :)

Btw, your car already comes with a way to let you know when to shift though mazda chose to do it via sound rather then light in order for blind drivers to be able to utilize the system as well. Basically, when your engine goes from wah to WAAAAAAAAAAWEEEEEEEE then you shift. That sound, the WAAAAAAAAAEEEEEEE is code for "shift please" in japanese. By design, rolling your window down activates a sound amplifier which allows you to hear the "shift warning sound" easier. I hope I thought you something today.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fuck that, I hope nobody helps you, that is soooo freakin rice. AND I LIVE IN JAPAN!! THE HOME OF RICE! You may say you "need" it but you are just trying to be another JDM wannabe unless you are using to 6 to race all the time. Which I know your not cuz you dont know how to even install a tach.
[/b]
If you have nothing to contribute to my question then FUCK OFF!! If you could read the thread you would know what I'm asking for. I didn't ask for your worthless opinion. Way to go!! calling yourself a RICER. You're a fucking asshole. That's what you are. :thefing:

Good time to let you know, the car will be slower in manual mode. :)

Btw, your car already comes with a way to let you know when to shift though mazda chose to do it via sound rather then light in order for blind drivers to be able to utilize the system as well. Basically, when your engine goes from wah to WAAAAAAAAAAWEEEEEEEE then you shift. That sound, the WAAAAAAAAAEEEEEEE is code for "shift please" in japanese. By design, rolling your window down activates a sound amplifier which allows you to hear the "shift warning sound" easier. I hope I thought you something today.
[/b]
You are funny!!!! NOT....Have you tried to do stand up? :jackoff: :laugh:

Jesus!!!! OK OK!! I'll send it back for a refund. Don't wanna make all the fellow 6ers mad with my RICER Tach. Fuck it. After all the negative insulting feedback I don't even wanna take it out of the box to look at it.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Like others have said, because it is a coil on plug design, you would have to run a tach driver unit to get a clean tach signal

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
You are funny!!!! NOT....Have you tried to do stand up? :jackoff: :laugh:

Jesus!!!! OK OK!! I'll send it back for a refund. Don't wanna make all the fellow 6ers mad with my RICER Tach. Fuck it. After all the negative insulting feedback I don't even wanna take it out of the box to look at it.
[/b]
It really was a joke.... ... ... . .

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
this seems to have gone sour fast. Well hit up MrTea if you need any electrical diagrams he may be able to help.
In the mean time......

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
I tried for a long time to get a good tach signal. Spent a lot of money on various adapters that were supposed to convert the coil-on-plug signal to a conventional wave signal that a tach could read. Eventually I found one that worked -- http://www.ponyexpressperformance.com/tachadapter.html It's made for Ford's coil-on-plug system used in the Mustang. It bypasses the ignition system entirely and uses the Crankshaft Position Sensor to determine RPM.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.