Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
I hope you plan to run some type of amplified full range system along with that. Cause 750W will severly drown out the stock speakers...

Anyways you should be fine with that set-up, just make sure you get the Dual 4 ohm L7 and wire it in parellel. That way you get down to 2 ohms, and you can pull that 750W RMS from the kicker amp.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i put all new pioneer speakers in it for the highs and the mids, so only the sub will produce the bass u think i sitll need to run the amplified full range system

·
Registered
705 Posts
what model speakers do you have in there right now?

·
Registered
705 Posts
With speakers like that. I'd go with nothing more than the ZX200.4

It's about 35W RMS per channel. And those speakers are about 30W RMS. They are more of a factory replacement rather than an amplified speaker. But if you don't wanna switch out your speakers again, that amp should push the to the best of the speakers possibilities. Just turn your gains down just a little, but I wouldn't worry about over powering them by 5W.

·
Registered
705 Posts
The ZX750.1 should be fine that you mentioned earlier...

·
Registered
705 Posts
if i hook up a 1600w 2 channel amp could i run like 1200w to the sub and then some to speakers?[/b]
Lol....

NO! It doesn't work that way. You need a channel per speaker.

Fronts (2 channels)
Rears (2 channels, optional for some people)
Sub(s) (1 channel)

Have you bought any of this gear yet? Cause if you only wanna use one amp, you could get a good 4 channel and bridge the rear channels for the sub, but you're probably not gonna get 750W or even close to it. Or you can try to find a 5 channel amp which usually has a little bigger 5th channel for the subs. But the best way is to get multiple amps for your multiple needs. Just back sure you have large enough wiring supplying the power back to a fused distro block.

·
Registered
246 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.