Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my system exactly how I wanted it both in appaearance and sound quality! Plenty of Boom(adjustable through a bass control knob on dash),Plenty of Highs(Infinity Kappa 10.7 Tweeters/Doors),Custom Finerglass box(painted to match car),Playstation 2,Hi Speed ipod connection(controlled through head unit)and finally an Alpine HD Radio Tuner!
Alpine Bluetooth also integrated into system and lower console!
Screen comes out,tilts,or sits flush!

Pics

·
Registered
381 Posts
nice car!
can you post up more pics of things you've done?!

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the great comments,I have spent tons of money and time getting the system as well as everything else the way I envisioned it a year ago.
Door trim and new tweeter pods as well as console,Sub-box,etc are all painted Factory Steel Grey..........Yes it sasy"zoom-zoom" above controls and since those pics I have installed the optional H.D. Radio as well. New backup camera coming soon. Otherwise I am VERY HAPPY with things the way they are now. This was my FOURTH system in this car since I bought it and most likely the last as the sound is nothing short of incredible as far as sound quality,bass response,mids,and overall power.
Here are more pics that I took this time:

I also have hidden Playstation 2 wireless controllers(in armrest)....and a whole lot of trunkspace still!

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Naw,I only crank the system by remote from OUTSIDE the car..lol I'm afraid to crank it too loud when I'm actually in the thing! I don't even turn the remote bass controller past halfway unless I'm outside the car.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I still think the neatest part of your setup is that bluetooth contraption. Automatically mutes the stereo, answers for you, hands-free.

Now you need to set it up so that you can drive using one of the playstation controllers instead of the car's actual controls! :)

·
Registered
199 Posts
WOW!!! Amazing job! I love the set up on the headunit - looks very clean and not over the top. You did a great job!

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
WOW!!! Amazing job! I love the set up on the headunit - looks very clean and not over the top. You did a great job!
[/b]
Thanks,it is just as important that the rest of the 6'ers like it as me! I wanted a JDM look as well as functionality. I have seen others do the double-din thing at the expense of moving the Hazard/ a/c buttons/knobs to the glovebox and I wasn't willing to do that............I gave up no controls......Only the ashtray,which I didn'y need anyway since I don't smoke nor allow anyone else to smoke in my car anyway.

Thanks for all the great comments though,it makes the time and money all worth it to me just hearing that others appreciate the end result. PLUS,I am hoping others will do this stuff too now that they know there ARE options.
Let's face it,Our Cars are OUR way of personal expression! If only I knew some women that agreed with that theory my headaches would be over...LOL

I still think the neatest part of your setup is that bluetooth contraption. Automatically mutes the stereo, answers for you, hands-free.

Now you need to set it up so that you can drive using one of the playstation controllers instead of the car's actual controls! :)
[/b]
Then again,you have seen all this up close in person,so you can appreciate the smaller details...lol The phone part is handy though. I only wish it would somehow put caller ID up on the stereo screen too!.....Guess I'm getting greedy now eh?

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Let's face it,Our Cars are OUR way of personal expression! If only I knew some women that agreed with that theory my headaches would be over...LOL[/b]
Women will never understand. To them, WE'RE always wrong and THEY'RE always right. Society has taught this to them, portraying MEN as fools. How many commercials do you see where the husband is a balding, pudgy, dipshit and the wife is some slender, hot-looking know-it-all who has it all together? Now how many do we see the other way around? None. Nada. Zip zilch zero.

My wife is out in the 6 right now. I hate it. Not because I don't trust her, but because she doesn't understand that my car is one of the ways I express myself. To her, it's "just a machine" and she will never get why it's a part of my personality now.

OK. Rant over.

Then again,you have seen all this up close in person,so you can appreciate the smaller details...lol The phone part is handy though. I only wish it would somehow put caller ID up on the stereo screen too!.....Guess I'm getting greedy now eh?
[/b]
No, that's not greedy. Caller ID is a necessity these days.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Yes very nice job u did here. The car looks pretty bad ass too. Good job, Keep up the good work. :yesnod:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts