Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's on sale at superstore for $20 and wondering if it's ok to use that stuff. Searched a lil bit and saw some people using it so it should be right? Isn't it usually $40-$50 for full syn?

It's Quaker State Advanced full synthetic motor oil 5W-30

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
It's on sale at superstore for $20 and wondering if it's ok to use that stuff. Searched a lil bit and saw some people using it so it should be right? Isn't it usually $40-$50 for full syn?

It's Quaker State Advanced full synthetic motor oil 5W-30
[/b]
I'm going to be using it in my MS6, probably at the next change. I've done the first one myself, a bit before 2000kms.

I've been using RedLine synthetic in my Probe for the past 3 years. The price at Superstore is a great one. I bought 6 jugs from Canadian Tire when they had it on for $22. Maybe I should take them back and buy from SuperStore instead. :)

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
I sometimes wonder if its really worth it going synthetic vs regular.

I know technically synthetic is better than non-synthetic, but if you change your oil regulary every 8,0000 km or 6,000 km it shouldn't really matter.

And there's a pretty big difference between about $10 for a 4L jug versus $22 (on sale) for synthetic...

Plus, if you add something like www.lubecontrol.com it becomes even more of a moot point.

On that note, anyone ever try or think of using that lube control stuff? It seems to get high marks from bob is the oil guy.

Also, why is it so hard to find 5w20 oil.... everywhere I see 5w30.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts