Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI

For the past month my car has been exhibiting some quirky behavior. Has anyone else experienced what seemed like the driver's power seat not remembering your MEM position whenever you get in? I figured out what the problem was.

I had MEM 1, 2, and 3 programmed. I set MEM 1 position to sync with the Advanced Keyless fob that I use. Whenever I got in the car, the seat would adjust to what I thought was my pre-set MEM 1 position.

Along comes spring. I'm not wearing heavy coats. Not wearing the hiking boots as much so I tweaked my seat position and saved it to MEM 1.

I noticed every time I got in the car, I had to keep adjusting the seat. I would re-adjust and hold SET + "1" together and ensure the position was saved. Didn't work. I saved the position to MEM 1, 2, and 3. Still wouldn't remember the position I saved when I got in the car. Holding MEM 1, 2, or 3 would return the seat to the saved position but it seemed liek the fob was having a stroke.

I had thought that whatever button was tapped last before doing the sync procedure would sync the fob to that button. Turns out the fob remembered what the previous seat position was and *not* a MEM button association.

I had to adjust to my new fave position and hold SET + UNLOCK on the fob and the position was saved - independent of the positions saved in 1, 2, and 3.

So it seems we can save more than 3 seat positions . . . 3 MEM settings and one each per fob.

Try it . . . Car should be off. Driver door has to be open.

- First make sure your fave seat position is saved. Hold SET and MEM 1 2 or 3 on the seat.
- Adjust the seat waaaaay back using the power seat controls. Do not do anything with the MEM 1, 2, or 3 buttons.
- To save this new “waaaay back” position to the fob, hold SET on the seat and UNLOCK on the fob and you should hear a ‘beep’.
- Now press MEM 1, 2, or 3 on the seat and you'll see that they have whatever positions were previously saved.
- Now tap unlock on the fob and the seat will move waaaay back because it's sync'd with the fob, not the buttons.
- To re-sync your fob to your preferred seating position, tap MEM 1, 2, or 3 to put the seat back in your preferred position. Press and hold together SET on the seat with UNLOCK on the fob. The seat position (which happens to be associated with a MEM button) will be sync’d with the fob again.

Hope this helps someone. Thought I was going nuts. :huh:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts