Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
it doesn't use a traditional diaphram for the bov. which is usually the part that wears out in a bov. my friend has a synapse fpr.....i pretty told him woop da do shit....my aeromotive does the same thing for half the price.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
anyone find the web site where i can buy one? i have owned most of the major bov's on the market and i would like to try something new

this is there web address http://www.synapseengineering.com/

none of there venders carry the bov

·
Registered
692 Posts
Uh, did anyone notice that thing sits wide open at idle? Nothing like spending 4k on a motor and turbo for your s2k and letting dirt get into the intake.

Ah hell why even use an aircleaner at this point?

In a regular bov, the spring pressure holds the bov closed, and boost pressure will open it.

In this bov, the spring holds it open, and the boost pressure forces it closed. Because of this you are pretty much stuck having to run it in recirc or end up with loads of unfiltered air into your engine. But, if you are gonna run recirc anyway, this would be a really good idea. But them even alluding to using it VTA is just plain stupidity with it hanging open like that. On our cars, the MAF will go nuts with all that air bypassing the MAF.

·
Registered
59 Posts
If I'm not mistaken there is always at least a little positive air pressure inside the BOV itself, which means it's always blowing outwards when it's not sealed. You're not likely to get something inside of it when the engine is running. Granted a few small rocks MIGHT be heavy enough to fall in despite the outward pressure, but not likely.

I suppose the more cautious might opt to figure a way to cover the opening in any case or recirculate instead of venting to atmosphere as you say.

·
Registered
692 Posts
If I'm not mistaken there is always at least a little positive air pressure inside the BOV itself, which means it's always blowing outwards when it's not sealed. You're not likely to get something inside of it when the engine is running. Granted a few small rocks MIGHT be heavy enough to fall in despite the outward pressure, but not likely.

I suppose the more cautious might opt to figure a way to cover the opening in any case or recirculate instead of venting to atmosphere as you say.[/b]
When you are not in boost, the intake is at negative pressure. Hence, it is drawing in air from the air cleaner normally. If there is any other opening like a vta bov that stays open at idle, it will draw in air from that opening ie you end up with dirty unfiltered, unmetered air going directly into your intake. It will also act like a leak with unmetered air getting past the MAF and the car will run lean and prlly throw a CEL, along with various driveability issues.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.