Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys... I will have a brand new Mazda 6s tomorrow and was wondering if its possible to get the white out lights that are on the Atenzas? I just think it makes the car look better.. And if possible, where can you get these parts and is it easy to DIY?

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Reading Topic: Switching out tail lights

I emailed FinishLine last week about the black-out lights and they replied that they would supply them if in the future they can come up with a source. But, that at this time they're focusing on finishing the rest of the Mazda models.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Switching out tail lights'

Anyone have a pic of the blacked out lights? I haven't seen them anywhere yet.

·
Registered
25 Posts

if you want them black do it yourself it's not that hard. I could give you info on how to do it, but it requires you to bake the tails to release the seams

·
Registered
25 Posts

If you want them black do it yourself it's not that hard. I could give you info on how to do it, but it requires you to bake the tails to release the seams. I've had it work both ways, successful and not successful in the sense of the seams being sealed up perfectly. But It won't work with the factory red tails you'd have to buy the cleared out and then do the mod. I have a Nissan ALtima and I did it to my headlights. By the way that site finish line performance seems kind of high don't you think? There has got to be someone out there that sells this stuff cheaper. What we need to do is set something up with a parts dealer and tell him that he'll get crazy business if he gives us 20% off the price but he'll get business from us all and that goes for all parts for the car. I have an arangement with a Nissan Dealer for my car and I got it through Altimas.net which is a great site for nissan altimas. The owner of this site needs to do it and we all need to back him, and get more people registered on this site. I hope to be purchasing my 6s in about 6months or when the 2nd year model comes out. Let me know what you guys think my email is [email protected]

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Switching out tail lights'

Originally posted by dnyhof

Anyone have a pic of the blacked out lights?  I haven't seen them anywhere yet.[/b]
Here ya go..

·
Registered
25 Posts

That's awesome, I wish I had the car and had my tails coming to me, but I'm still staying with my Altima for now until my insurance break. Good luck with it and let us know how the installation was.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts