Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I have a 2009 Mazda 6 s sport with 55 watt H7 low beam halogen bulbs. They have a blue coating on them which dims them and honestly has little appeal at this point. So I wanted to switch to xenon. Seeing as trying to drive with these headlights now proves more hazardous and difficult than likeable. In the manual it states the vehicle can use [Xenon fusion: 35 watt, D2S] for the low beams. I would like to switch from my halogen bulbs over to xenon. Some guidance as to how this can or cannot be done, a good manufacturer that is recommendable, or how to fit it on would be helpful. Thanks!

·
Administrator
2018 Mazda6 GT Reserve
8,584 Posts
If you want to switch to HIDs, you'll also need to purchase headlamp assemblies specifically for HID, since the headlamps themselves are configured differently internally to use D2S bulbs instead of the H7 Halogen units. You can probably find a clean set at a junkyard or used auto parts place.

I've never swapped out the headlamp units on my '10 myself, but it's a PITA simply changing the turn signal, so patience and a set of smaller hands will probably help. Good luck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you want to switch to HIDs, you'll also need to purchase headlamp assemblies specifically for HID, since the headlamps themselves are configured differently internally to use D2S bulbs instead of the H7 Halogen units. You can probably find a clean set at a junkyard or used auto parts place.

I've never swapped out the headlamp units on my '10 myself, but it's a PITA simply changing the turn signal, so patience and a set of smaller hands will probably help. Good luck.
I just went through the replacement process on my 2012 6i. even though you have to remove bumper to do it, it wasn't too hard. But I agree with TalonTsi90. If your housings are in good condition, just upgrade the bulb to LED and be done

1 - 4 of 4 Posts