Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after I saw this post | http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?show...=39889&st=0 | and with my strobes on the way, I wanted something like this, however the guy doesnt seem to be around anymore. So after my strobes came in the mail i got real impatient and decided to get my own made..

I wanted 6 switches..

3 Switches - to Control My Strobes and it pattern Changes
1 Switch - To Disable my windows (factory switch has been rendered useless since modules were installed)
1 Switch - For My Under Body Neons
1 Switch - For Whatever else comes up..

However the strobe light switches could not be changed, the switches were specially designed to work with the stobe kit, and they control the patterns as well as show you what pattern is occuring depending on what swicthes you use..

So I Had to keep the 3 Original Switches for the strobe kit..

Which leaves me with 3 regular blue switches..

A friend of mine who owns custom shop, fabricated a nice very comparable thing to the on in the post above..

However 6 switches could fit neatly bcuz of the 3 strobe switches So I only ended up with 5 which is all i need minus that extra one for future use..

So here is the finished product.. Comments, Opinions, Advice All are Welcome, Please Let me know if its Fine or what can or what should be done..

Finally to the pics... I didnt hook up anything yet, just the switches were made today.. More to Come Soon.

[attachment=25595:SWITCH_001.jpg] [attachment=25596:SWITCH_002.jpg] [attachment=25597:SWITCH_003.jpg]

[attachment=25598:SWITCH_004.jpg] [attachment=25599:SWITCH_005.jpg] [attachment=25600:SWITCH_006.jpg]

Attachments

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Guys, After night fell last night it got reall dark in there as it always was before, im wondering how the switches are going to light up inside there and if the light will bleed thru or not when the switches are on, also im thinking i should just add an l.e.d in there like icecreme98 hooked up with a swicth that'll make it come on when i open it..

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
sweet one step closer to being night rider

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sweet one step closer to being night rider[/b]
lol thats what most of my friends call it now.. None of them want to drive it... Theyre Scared... They say it only likes me :laugh:

Just the way i want it..

:eek:fftopic: ALSO: For those that were wondering or not, the third button is the switch for my Auto Folding Mirrors..

·
Registered
349 Posts
You're doin a lot

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
damn dude,, what strobes are those? Are those the high dollar ones??[/b]
Theyre Made by SoundOffSignal.com

they cost about $130 I dont know if thats considered high or not...

You're doin a lot[/b]
I am arent I? :headscrat: I think i caught the bug, but id swicth anything i have just for my TV and Sound System set-up..

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Heres another video with both front and back strobes..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiLeplBCdcs

The strobes had to be installed in my empty intergrated fog.. Im really not liking it, as it not flashy as the rear its as though the light is confined, and the projector cover for the intergrated fog seems to be tinted a little..

I was told they couldnt find any other ideal location to put the strobes..

Can anyone think of anyway I can either remove the projector or something to make it better..

·
Registered
216 Posts
Dude you're a prayer come true. I have the same issue... too many switches and no room. I was gonna mount them to the visor and run the wiring through the panels and under the headliner into them but you way is a lot easier. Genius.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Heres another video with both front and back strobes..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiLeplBCdcs
The strobes had to be installed in my empty intergrated fog.. Im really not liking it, as it not flashy as the rear its as though the light is confined, and the projector cover for the intergrated fog seems to be tinted a little..

I was told they couldnt find any other ideal location to put the strobes..

Can anyone think of anyway I can either remove the projector or something to make it better..[/b]
Very nice strobes action - reminds me when I had inserted some in my front top-corner parkings/flashers on my '96 Mustang .I didn't mind drilling holes in them compared to headlight housings . You have made me want to do this again and since I'm opening my housings in the coming weeks , this would be perfect timing for me .

I had thought to insert mine in where the parking 194 where the High Beams are - I was going to remove the 194 anyways now that I have ordered DDEs . This could be an option for finding a place for you as well ? I would need to see a bulb of your strobe light as there are different sizes (lenght/thickness) . The ones I had used on the Stang were about the size of a pinky finger . I figure that if only I have to make the hole bigger with those , it will be the right place exposed for superior flash/lighting .

Now the rears I never wanted to pierce my tail lights on the Stang too . I'd be hard-pressed to do this on my 6 too . There is a window of opportunity however that opens to me when I will have CarLEDS.com open up a set to insert LEDs . I'd like to know exactly how you went about it for the rears ?

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Very nice strobes action - reminds me when I had inserted some in my front top-corner parkings/flashers on my '96 Mustang .I didn't mind drilling holes in them compared to headlight housings . You have made me want to do this again and since I'm opening my housings in the coming weeks , this would be perfect timing for me .

I had thought to insert mine in where the parking 194 where the High Beams are - I was going to remove the 194 anyways now that I have ordered DDEs . This could be an option for finding a place for you as well ? I would need to see a bulb of your strobe light as there are different sizes (lenght/thickness) . The ones I had used on the Stang were about the size of a pinky finger . I figure that if only I have to make the hole bigger with those , it will be the right place exposed for superior flash/lighting .

Now the rears I never wanted to pierce my tail lights on the Stang too . I'd be hard-pressed to do this on my 6 too . There is a window of opportunity however that opens to me when I will have CarLEDS.com open up a set to insert LEDs . I'd like to know exactly how you went about it for the rears ?[/b]
Well the rears were originally supposed to go in the above the reverse light, my strobes are a bit bigger in size that the one u described.. but the wiring would have to go thru the trunk and that showed to be too much work so the next best place was the signal light housing as they clear just as the reverse lights, a small 1 inch hole was drilled @ the top of the signal housing, the drilling dust then vacuumed out, the light was place with the gasket and then sealed with silicone.. the clearance between the signal bulb and the strobe bulb is about 1/2 inch..

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Well the rears were originally supposed to go in the above the reverse light, my strobes are a bit bigger in size that the one u described.. but the wiring would have to go thru the trunk and that showed to be too much work so the next best place was the signal light housing as they clear just as the reverse lights, a small 1 inch hole was drilled @ the top of the signal housing, the drilling dust then vacuumed out, the light was place with the gasket and then sealed with silicone.. the clearance between the signal bulb and the strobe bulb is about 1/2 inch..[/b]
That's exactly where - above the reverse lights in the clear red - that I wanted to install them ..... so you say you did so at the same height above the flashers .... but the last part in your quote in bold confuses me ? :headscrat: Are you saying one is longer than the other or the distance above each other ?
I have another option that's a possibility right now for me . I would be using the reverse LEDS (CarLEDS.com) and some kind of circuitry to have the strobe effects .

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That's exactly where - above the reverse lights in the clear red - that I wanted to install them ..... so you say you did so at the same height above the flashers .... but the last part in your quote in bold confuses me ? :headscrat: Are you saying one is longer than the other or the distance above each other ?
I have another option that's a possibility right now for me . I would be using the reverse LEDS (CarLEDS.com) and some kind of circuitry to have the strobe effects .[/b]
No, the place where i wanted them to go was in the reverse lights, but the wiring from the trunk lid, back to the body of the car proved to be too much..

So they were installed in the signal light housing.. and when the bulb is installed it comes down close to the signal bulb itself, but there's about 1/2' clearance from the strobe to the signal bulb..

Make sure some good sealant is used bcuz we dont see it but a lot of water (when it rains) goes over our tailights..

I was also planning on gettin some of craled.com lights but wanted to wait for the intial buyers to report back, and i want my muffllers first, but when i get carled's lights, i'll just add the strobes to them...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts